42 turns left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42 turns left?

Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum but I couldn't find anything more appropriate so I apologize if this belongs elsewhere. Anyway, today I was wondering what if the real world were a game of Civ4? How would some of you explain what's going on in the real world using Civ4 concepts? Who's winning? Who's losing? Is anybody going to win by 2050? Maybe it's just me but I thought this would be something to have some fun with.

United States is suffering severe war wearyness. Its also paying a large portion of its income out for strategic resources, and has military forces spread across the globe.

Europe is fighting a growing tide of religious unease because its ruling religion is no longer its dominant religion.

Africa has mostly been overrun by barbarians again.

Russia is just coming out of another revolution (they should have pushed harder for the statue of liberty).

China is in the middle of upgrading all its cities but is suffering from a lot of factory pollution because they haven't finished the three gorges damn yet.

Thats all I can think of.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Off to a good start...

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
        United States is suffering severe war wearyness. Its also paying a large portion of its income out for strategic resources, and has military forces spread across the globe.
        You'd think the U.S. could trade some Hit Movies for some of those strategic resources. I guess you can only watch Transformers so many times though.

Don't forget about Persia's/Iran's attempts to back their words up with nuclear weapons.

Comment

You have a pirated version of the game, try buying the real thing and you will not see such warnings.

Comment

What?

Comment

The Antarctica Continent will surprise everyone by winning the space race in 2049, settling a bunch of penguins in outer space.

ybrevo

Comment

I think the russians should have pushed harder for the christo redentor instead. For that matter, maybe they should send down an invasikon force to rio - heck the brazillians are not making any use of it anyways !

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  You have a pirated version of the game, try buying the real thing and you will not see such warnings.
                  I'll ask again: What?

Comment

It's just wiglaf being wiglaf...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      It's just wiglaf being wiglaf...
                      But he's got the vast intellect of Alberto Gonzalez on his side.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I just hope that there are more than 42 turns left.

By the way, is there a way to disable that message? By reminding that it's all just a game, it really slows the development of proper megalomania during the final turns.

Comment

Disable time victory perhaps? (Or set the time victory to 10000 turns in the XML file... )
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Brazil is 22 turns away from its golden age, but the game will likely end before they can gain anything from it.

India has founded the Corporation "Telephone tech support" and has spread it around the world at the cost of infrastructure.

Venuzuela is building a SoD and plans to march north til it hits ice. But they have AI tactical planners, and will be crushed at the first city walls due to lack of siege engines.

China has had 13 SoDs of 100+ units for the passed 300 turns and thus, cant afford research. But due to espionage and vailed threats was able to gain a few needed techs.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Speaking of China, how much longer before they buckle under the weight of their people clamoring for Emancipation?

Comment

Working...
                              X