No announcement yet.

BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Assets folder does have stuff in it, so you're in the wrong folder . There's also XML\Units in the BtS assets folder.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• indeed, found it, thanx! your patience is really exemplary

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso
        yeah, but when i open assets the folder has nothing but four empty subfolders.
        as for military academy fix, unit/xml is in custom assets, there is nothing like that in bts assets folder.
        I'll give you half a point here as Civ 4 makes it farking confusing with SEVERAL sub folders labeled "Assets".

You just need to make sure its the right one. Technically this fix SHOULD have worked in CustomAssets but Firaxis some time ago decided to put in some sort of "To protect you from yourself" kludge in there so that DLLs in CustomAssets are ignored.

Comment

• That protect was because custom DLLs were being loaded in multiplayer when they shouldn't have been - specifically Blake's BetterAI ended up causing OOSs in all sorts of games. Thus they forced it into the Mod directory, which is probably safer anyway.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Solver, you do know that I think the increased chance of war for civs close to domination doesn't work? As I pointed out above.

My last game got stuck at the "waiting for other civilisations" stage which turned out to be because:
            Code:
             if (plot()->isCity())
            	{
            		if ((GC.getGame().getGameTurn() - plot()->getPlotCity()->getGameTurnAcquired()) <= 1)
            		{
            			getGroup()->AI_seperateNonAI(UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY);
            		}

if (plot()->getOwner() == getOwner())
            		{
            		    if ((eAreaAIType == AREAAI_ASSAULT) || (eAreaAIType == AREAAI_ASSAULT_ASSIST))
            		    {
            in CvUnitAI::AI_attackCityMove would be better as:
            Code:
             	if (plot()->isCity())
            	{		
            		if (plot()->getOwner() == getOwner())
            		{
            			if ((GC.getGame().getGameTurn() - plot()->getPlotCity()->getGameTurnAcquired()) <= 1)
            			{
            				getGroup()->AI_seperateNonAI(UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY);
            			}

if ((eAreaAIType == AREAAI_ASSAULT) || (eAreaAIType == AREAAI_ASSAULT_ASSIST))
            			{
            A city attack stack happened to be in a city that someone else captured first and it endlessly split and merged.

Originally posted by Solver
            * Fixed AI airstrike bug
            No, it should definitely be MISSION_MOVE_TO. Maybe that's not entirely sensible but it did work. As it is now, I've seen airships get caught in a loop.

Originally posted by Solver
            And now, changes as per Blake:

* AI now only capitulates to the team which has done them a majority of the damage.
            So if a vassal does the majority of damage or there's an even three-way split, the AI won't be able to capitulate at all. Why wouldn't the team that did the most damage or it's master be better? Then there would always be one team the civ would consider capitulating to.

I have seen vassals getting more out of wars then their master.

Comment

• That's an interesting catch with the attack city stacks, may just be the reason for some still-existing loops indeed.

I think it does need to be MISSION_AIRSTRIKE, however - MISSION_MOVE_TO seemed wrong to me initially, and Blake later agreed and changed it, so I'd expect us to be right.

Comment

• Solver, are you and Blake aware of the AI making insane amounts of ships? I'm playing in a Huge World on Marathon and when I decalred war on Montezuma, discovered he'd tremendously hurt his production and city development because he invested in an insane amount of Caravels (I'm in the modern age for reference, and he's way behind).

I then started checking out all the other civs that had several cities on coasts, and it appears they all have invested just as much money in oean units as they have in their land-based units.

When I was attacking Monetzuma he had 40 Caravels in one small area, and they never attacked my Destroyer (don't blame them), they just moved back and forth endlessly in the same few squares. I realize the need for a good Navy, but I think ther'es a serious issue with AI priorities on just how many units a navy requires. Would you like some screenshots? Or has this been mentioned before?

Comment

• It's a known issue, the AI does indeed sometimes overbuild Caravels in particular.

Comment

• It would be sensible if MISSION_AIRSTRIKE worked the same as MISSION_AIRBOMB. I assume it uses MISSION_MOVE_TO as that's the way ground units get into combat rather than MISSION_BEGIN_COMBAT.

But I've tested it and it actually works with MOVE_TO and AIRSTRIKE does nothing. You'd have to change some other things to get AIRSTRIKE to do what it looks like it should.

Comment

• That's weird, I'll have to check the code.

MISSION_MOVE_TO works for ground units because they can actually move - and moving into an enemy-occupied plot results in combat. Air units can't move, so MISSION_MOVE_TO shouldn't result in anything for them...

Comment

• Is this a work in progress, what is the latest version?

Comment

• Solver - tell the team (and for you as well), all us Civ geeks really appreciate your work. You've done a fantastic job with BtS.

Comment

• * Fixed the AP-conversion hammer bug
                            Are you sure this is fixed properly? In my recent game, I was building the AP. My state religion was Judaism, but that was shared with a lot of AI Civs, and I'd founded Taoism. So I switched to Taoism 2 turns before finishing the AP, finished it, and then switched back to Judaism a couple turns later. The AP is correctly considered Taoism, but I'm not getting any hammers for the buildings. My understanding is that I should be, that you don't have to have Taoism (in this case) as your state religion to get the hammer bonuses, but maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Bh

Comment

• The way I understood it was that you had to have the same religion as the Apostolic Palace, which is decided by the religion of the owner at the time it's built.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhruic
                                Are you sure this is fixed properly? In my recent game, I was building the AP. My state religion was Judaism, but that was shared with a lot of AI Civs, and I'd founded Taoism. So I switched to Taoism 2 turns before finishing the AP, finished it, and then switched back to Judaism a couple turns later. The AP is correctly considered Taoism, but I'm not getting any hammers for the buildings. My understanding is that I should be, that you don't have to have Taoism (in this case) as your state religion to get the hammer bonuses, but maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Bh
                                That is working as intended, then. The AP is Taoist - you'll get the hammers if you run Taoism as your state religion but not if you switch back to Judaism.

Comment

Working...
                                X