Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hebrews: Chosen People, but not for Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :sigh:

im getting extremly tired of repeating myself so this will be the last time

I WAS SIMPLY PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE

I ALREADY AGREED EVERYTHING I SAID WAS RIDICULOUS

I HAVE AGREED THE HEBREWS WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE ARGUING WITH ME, I WILL REVERT BACK TO MY "OLD" SELF

Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ
      :sigh:

im getting extremly tired of repeating myself so this will be the last time

I WAS SIMPLY PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE

I ALREADY AGREED EVERYTHING I SAID WAS RIDICULOUS

I HAVE AGREED THE HEBREWS WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE ARGUING WITH ME, I WILL REVERT BACK TO MY "OLD" SELF

Whoa! Back up! If I had been trying to reply about something specifically you had said I would have quoted you, as I am doing now. However, I was simply replying to the entire thread in general and attempting to add my input.
      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

• Okay, folks. No need for vitriol. As was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, its purpose is for fair discussion and debate. Invectives belong in the OT.
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• i think ive spent too much time there Alexander...
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01
            And the Ottoman Turks, so that's 3 traditionally Muslim civs.
            Also included in muslim civs - Mali and modern Egypt.
            You don't have to be a Pastafarian to love pasta. Pirates rule!

Comment

• Also future France.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by SFADAMS44

Also included in muslim civs - Mali and modern Egypt.
                So that's 5 traditionally Muslim civs, and no traditionally Jewish ones. Hmm.
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Also future France.
                  Oh, wait!
                  You don't have to be a Pastafarian to love pasta. Pirates rule!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                    Hmmm, how much do we know about the hebrew civilization, from reliable, written sources? (Bible isn't a reliable source....)
                    Haven't you seen the documentaries on the bible? It's the most reliable written source in the world. Besides the scrolls from the library of Alexandria (Great Library) but we don't have thoes anymore.

Comment

• The most reliable source in the world

I think having the Hebrews in the game would be fine. The ME region has a lot of civs already, though, and Judaism is in the game as a religion, so maybe that's why they haven't made it in there yet.

There seems to have been some effort to spread things around a bit (not that it was perfectly executed - pretty much everybody can nitpick somewhere).

edit: as for "offending" people, BAH. Let people be offended. They're idiots.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

There seems to have been some effort to spread things around a bit (not that it was perfectly executed - pretty much everybody can nitpick somewhere).

-Arrian
                        Well, there's still room for several more, particularly SE Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Americas.

Though that only really applies if you're playing on a world map like Rhye's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

edit: as for "offending" people, BAH. Let people be offended. They're idiots.

-Arrian
                          Here Here!

Comment

Working...
                          X