Economic Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, "leet" is short for "elite."
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

yeah and i would think, going with an austrian flag, you´d know german... leet is no german word. Also "Prussia" doesnt go with austria at all...

On topic: I think the space-race victory is totally legit, tho it was best implemented in Civ I, in my opinion, for reasons mentioned allready by another poster.

Ooops that wasnt the topic either - it was "economic victory" - how about a combination of sheer saved up cash + a certain number of strategic ressources totally under ones control ? But maybe the later could just be used to serve the former in ways of selling oil for cash for example... i think the idea should be given a shot - i dont think if you set the cash needed to say 100K that financial makes a lot of difference (tho some probably).

Comment

Originally posted by Brael
        If you use civ's requirements for the space race, russia didn't win it (actually no one has). Russia would have been at the point where they completed the Apollo program first or possibly obtained rocketry first since completing the Apollo program is something only one nation has done so far. Or to put it another way, Russia made it into space first but they didn't win the race to "own" it. You have to be in the lead for more than the first couple laps of a race to come out as the winner.
        In Civ terms, Russia was the first to discover Satellites.

If you wanted to recognize the effect this had in our history, one could argue for moving the free Great Engineer from Fusion to Satellites.

Comment

I was born and lived in Austria for the first 2 years of my life, I know little to no Austrian so learning German wasn't on my to-do list at the time. And what's wrong with Prussia? Nobody is complaining about Unimatrix11, that doesn't go with Germany.

Maybe I'm confusing leet with uber, it's all mumbo-jumbo nonsence to me.

Comment

So.... Where would the U.S. stand in the civilization rankings with our $3-$4 trillion dollar debt? I suppose that is the price one has to pay to have the global standing the U.S. has right now.

I think one suggestion I would have to Unimatrix11's comments on the economic aspect of the game would be to perhaps set aside a certain number of points for the amount of funds a civ has at the end of the game. Something like 1 pt. for every 10 or 50 coins you have. Otherwise, if you have the money, you better be spending it on upgrading units or change your civics to Universal Sufferage so you can spend gold to finish production. Also, the game could determine a Civ's net worth and allocate a certain number of points for it.

I don't think that an Economic victory would be relevant seeing how the more money you have, the more sh*t you can buy/spend on, thus increasing your overall well being as a civ, which potentially leads to other victories. Your economy is the back-bone for any type of victory condition you wish to obtain...... Other than the space race, which I still think is crap.

Speaking of which... I was watching a WWII documentary last night and part of it documented how the Germans were developing Rockets to blast the crap out of the U.K...... In the late 1930's. I was completely wrong on that entire topic and most of it I just pulled out of my ass. Sorry to everyone who read my messages, for I have wasted your time. HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Common Sensei

In Civ terms, Russia was the first to discover Satellites.

If you wanted to recognize the effect this had in our history, one could argue for moving the free Great Engineer from Fusion to Satellites.
              Good point. Rocketry germans, Satelites russia

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                Heh, the language that 13 year olds who still drink chocolate milk use. Supposed to mean, "awesome." Leet, is german, or some other eastern european language,
                Yes, damn all those German leetspeakers giving the internet a bad name!

Comment

Mattimus20, well, i agree, economics should have a biggter bearing on the end game, how to make an economic victory? Something to consider.

Also, I apologize if one of my earlier posts was too harsh, or if you felt slighted (I may have just made up that word).

There were quite a few neat techinical developments that came out of the space race (the microwave and velcro being the most well known), so building the Apollo Program should yield some pretty serious science output IMHO.

sparky

Comment

Don't forget Tang, powdered orange drink, a product of the space age! Clearly a tang resource should come with building the Appollo Program, adding one happiness in all cities. This would be in the spirit of showing Al Gore's face on the internet tech.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Tang, what a great drink. Yup, that should be + 1

Al gore on the internet, don't even go there

Blaupanzer, you're in Fairfax, cool, I used to live in Reston.

sparky

Comment

Russia is a bit far from Reston. What's up with that?
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Long story. right now I study Russian in the North Caucuses..yes that's the area next to Chechnya. but, it is not dangerous here in this city.

Yeah, I was an engineer for 6 years over in Reston.

sparky

Comment

The Space Race is the economic victory. It crowns your ability to extract massive ressources from your empire, in order to research the adequate techs, and to build the very expansive components.

You cannot possibly achieve this with an economy in tatters.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I miss the Economic Victory from SMAC.

I wish it were implemented in the next Civ IV expansion pack.
                              If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
                              Ailing Civilization Strategy
                              How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
                              M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

Working...
                              X