Undocumented Warlords Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aro
    And is this new or happens in vanilla too?
    It is not new.

Comment

• Don't feel bad Aro, I fell for it too.

I was playing the Celts and kept starting with Hunting, Mysticism, and Wheel.

I even made a thread about it.

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan2
        OT I know but it kind of feels to me that the trebuchets are overpowered. Plus I am slightly disturbed by the graphic when they attack. Everytime they do I get that stupid Devo song stuck in my head. Gah!
        I was never in favour of them introducing a new siege weapon that could realistically kill a defender. Assaulting cities with siege weapons and mounted units is completely unrealistic and it was only thanks to muskets and grenadiers that this tactic became a little wasteful. Bringing in the trebs has widened this imbalance in the combat mechanics.

Quite the opposite case with the Trireme. That fills a big gap in the military techs.

Something I noticed yesterday on Epic was my build costs. For worker it was 90 hammers while barracks were 75. I would have expected the costs to be the other way round.

Can someone explain how Charismatic gives +1 happiness for monuments and yet monuments are only an Egyptian building. Have I missed something here?

Comment

• Originally posted by couerdelion Can someone explain how Charismatic gives +1 happiness for monuments and yet monuments are only an Egyptian building. Have I missed something here?
          Monuments are the generic building - Obelisks are the equivalent Egyptian unique building.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• The golden age shows a countdown in the upper right corner.

Comment

• That has always been there.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

• There have been a lot of changes to unit stats and abilities. For example, Chariots now have +50% vs Axemen. You'll want to review the units as you gain access to them, since these changes can have significant effects on battle outcomes.

Comment

• Chariots have 100% vs. axemen, not 50%. There was some confusion, but in the game it's 100.

Comment

• Pumping up the chariots against axeman was a great change. It saved the usefulness of the unit. Prior to Warlords, I rarely built chariots.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                      Prior to Warlords, I rarely built chariots.
                      Likewise. Now I try to get some built as soon as possible in order to deal with the Barbarians. They make a good counter against them, much better than Axemen.

Comment

• Helicopters no longer pay a combat penalty for attacking across a river.

Video card causes game termination after a couple-three hours (failure to allocate video ram). Never happened with Civ4.

Comment

• THE STRATEGY LAYER IS SAVED AND LOADED!!!

Finally!

(doin' the happy dance.. doin' the happy dance...)

Tom P.

Comment

• Yes, that is wonderful!

The hidden negative? For some reason zooming out to the globe view fuzzes the map tile lines to the point where they are basically invisible for me.

So drawing lines along tile borders is much harder.

Still... i love that strategy layer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fosse
                              Yes, that is wonderful!

The hidden negative? For some reason zooming out to the globe view fuzzes the map tile lines to the point where they are basically invisible for me.

So drawing lines along tile borders is much harder.

Still... i love that strategy layer!
                              Go into video options and you should be able to correct that. It must have defaulted to some low setting for the zoomed-out view when you installed Warlords.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fosse
                                Chariots have 100% vs. axemen, not 50%. There was some confusion, but in the game it's 100.
                                And only on the attack it would seem.

I also wonder about helicoptors- are they completely amphibious, for 100% attack from the sea? Seems dodgy to me, especially when they come from transports. I'd much prefer them to be limited to carriers.

Comment

Working...
                                X