No announcement yet.

Undocumented Warlords Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't too sure about the Caravels, but I could have sworn Missionaries used to be 4...
    For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

• Missionaries have always been 3. Spies are 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaga
        I wasn't too sure about the Caravels, but I could have sworn Missionaries used to be 4...
        No, it's always been 3. And everything you mentioned about Caravels always existed as well, with the possible exception of the plundering.

Comment

• So, caravels: can you load a missionary onto them, send it into an enemy city, then activate the missionary to spread the religion? If so I'll have to try that next time I play Snotty (Who hates all religion in his cities!)...

Comment

• The caravel can enter their waters, but either a caravel or missionary trying to enter an enemy city will probably lose the COMBAT.

Comment

• Uhh, combat? Navy against land? I don't believe that's a feature of Civ 4

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibsie
                So, caravels: can you load a missionary onto them, send it into an enemy city, then activate the missionary to spread the religion? If so I'll have to try that next time I play Snotty (Who hates all religion in his cities!)...
                You need to have an Open Borders agreement in order to get a Missionary into another civ's city. You could never get it into an enemy city since that would be considered an attack, and Missionaries can't do that. It wouldn't even leave the ship.

Comment

• I seem to recall getting the "Entering blahblah-lands is an act of WAR! You sure?"
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

• Damnit, I misread Yaga's post, where he said that Caravels can enter close-bordered "civs", I thought he'd said "cities". Carry on

Comment

• Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                      I seem to recall getting the "Entering blahblah-lands is an act of WAR! You sure?"
                      Not for Caravels. They've always been able to enter a closed border without triggering a war. Those and Submarines are the only ships that can do this.

Comment

• I had a thought...
                        Has anyone tried putting a missionary on a caravel then crossing a closed border and gifting the missionary to that nation?
                        Dunno if it will work

Comment

• Gifting missionaries works great. That way I don't have to be bothered moving him around.

The AI has never disbanded a missionary I gifted them but I suppose it's possible.

I don't know about gifting to a closed border civ, that's not a bad idea.

Tom P.

Comment

• The only way you can gift a missionary is to gift the caravel as well. Since the missionary can't leave the ship, you'll have to give your opponent everything.

Comment

• What if you park your caravel on the same tile as an empty galley?
                              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virdrago
                                The only way you can gift a missionary is to gift the caravel as well. Since the missionary can't leave the ship, you'll have to give your opponent everything.
                                I'm pretty sure you can activate a unit while it's still on the ship, at least when it's next to the coast. You can gift it then.

Comment

Working...
                                X