Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the Six New Warlords Civs Will You Play First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carthage first. Just out of vitriolic contempt for the man.
    Then Celts. Woad to ruin indeed...
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by iapetus556

LOL - That's even dafter then for Berzerkers!

Berzerker: FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! RRAAGGHH!!!!
      Viking Civil Servant: Not until you sign the form authorising you to use your high-tech mechanical axe.
      Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

I can't believe that The Big Banana is not in the lead in voting. Stop being so ethnocentric and include the real world favorite - the guanabana!

Comment

Ragnar. The Vikings just look too freakin' cool (and a tad overpowered).

Then Hannibal because the Civ4 Carthaginians seem to match my playstyle quite well with the uber lighthouse and the financial trait.

It should be fun.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I want to play the barbarians first.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

No love for the Zulu; shame...
              Frieden, Land, Brot und Demokratie.

Comment

: Wow! Zulu's have only FIVE votes, lol I actually voted for them, thinking they would at lest get 20+ votes.
                :
                :
                :People, people. If you enjoy Warmongering, then why the hell arent you voting for Shaka and his Impis??

NubianMercenary
                Empires may come and go, but the word of God remains eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubianmercenary
                  : Wow! Zulu's have only FIVE votes, lol I actually voted for them, thinking they would at lest get 20+ votes.
                  :
                  :
                  :People, people. If you enjoy Warmongering, then why the hell arent you voting for Shaka and his Impis??

NubianMercenary
                  It's probably the traits again (like it was in CivIII). What are his traits and what do they do?

Tom P.

Comment

The poor showing of the Zulus here could be put down to a number of things:

1) This poll was started well before the details of the unique buildings and unit were made known.
                    2) Most traits weren't known but Shaka's and Hannibal's were. Aggressive/expansive has been tried but Carthage's would have been very tempting since charismatic was thought to be overpowered (it has changed since).

Beyond Hannibal, this was just a popularity contest - probably skewed by the civs relative popularity in CivIII. Putting the relatively unpopular Zulus (based on anecdotal evidence only) up against the hugely popular Vikings was never going to be kind to the Zulu.

If the poll were restarted I'd imagine they'd get a handful of extra votes for their special building. The Impi will count against them - it may be the fastest land unit in the game but it's low strength means that it won't bring anything new to the game.
                    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin
                      The poor showing of the Zulus here could be put down to a number of things:
                      Also, people seem to have gotten their noses out of joint because of the whole "not really a civ" argument.

That aside, I plan on playing the Zulus because they're darn cool.
                      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
                      X