Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Six Civs Belong in the Next Expansion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for Dutch, Maya and the native americans (I voted for both, though I only want one of them in the game)

And because of the way the Babylonians are mentioned in the poll, I decided not to vote for them

Zimbabwe led by Canaan Banana

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

PPS. I voted for "Others (Say what and why)" but I'm not saying what and why! Oooh, I'm such a maverick!
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Babylon, Canada, Ojibwa, Siam, Syria, and Zaire. Babylon because it's ancient and, to me, great. Canada, because many Civ players seem to be from there. Ojibwa, because they were a sizeable tribe and are otherwise overlooked. Siam/Thailand, Syria, and Zaire for variety.

Comment

I voted for Thai ( siamese) I believe they should be in as the representitive for SE asia. Many want to see Khmer in that position, and I can understand why. But Thailand has been a much more successful Civ since it became an indipendant state in 1238. Shortly after its founding Siam became a much more prosperous and stable nation. Siam conqured Khmer several times but was never conqured by them. In almost every way Siam was a superior empire. Yes, Siam has many elements of Khmer culture but also has much that is differant. Siam is a mix of Indian, Khmer, Burmese, Thai and Chinese cultures which makes it unique to itself and it is a culture that is found only is SE Asia. Also Siam was never colonized by the larger european empires. This is of great pride to the Thai's. Through clever negotiations by king Rama IV and Rama V Siam avaided loosing its independance, something that every one of Siams neighbors failed to do. In current day Thailand is a Democracy with the largest economy in the area that is about 2X larger than the next highest- Maylaysia and is 10X+ larger than that of Cambodia (Khmer)

Khmer is the older empire but much of their history is spend under the boot of stronger empires ( including the Siamese) So along with everthing else I see Siam (Thailand ) as the representitive of SE Asia. Believe me I would like to see all the SE Asian civs in- Vietnam, Khmer, Siam. But it is soo doubtful there will be more than one ( If even one, I have my doubts) So I see Siam as beiing the country to represent the area.

Oh, and I also voted for Babylon. WTF?? Hasnt that Civ ALWAYS been in the game? What happened?

Comment

When I voted for the Khmer, I did it mainly because of the presence of Angkor Wat in Civ4, but also because the game IMO needs at least one SE Asian civ. The Thai instead of the Khmer would be fine with me.
            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Sumer, Siam (Thai), Iroquis and for the rest an "other" vote.

The first 3 give a nice representation of civs in less covered parts of Earth's map in it's history, while being most influence/earliest recorded there.

For others, I would go the more mythical way: Atlantis, Mu, and the aliens.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Demiurge2332
                Oh, and I also voted for Babylon. WTF?? Hasnt that Civ ALWAYS been in the game? What happened?
                I shall say nothing, for some have tired of my pro-Babylonian rhetoric.
                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Veribly so.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01

I shall say nothing, for some have tired of my pro-Babylonian rhetoric.
                    Stand proudly, man! Shout out you love for all thing Bimbolonian!

Comment

Banana! Who cares what civs are in and what civs are left out?
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Khmer sounds pretty cool.

Don't know why Africa needs so many civs. Africa does not equal one China or India in terms of population, power or historical significance although they do make for pretty suite civs.

India and China can be split. (eg Dravids, Tibetans).

Polynesians - maybe start off with sailing, a galley, maybe extra settler.

Byzantine, definitely.

Enough of Europe as well. Poland?!! Are you guys on crack? How about Khazakstan first, with Borat as leader.

Also, just for ****s and giggles, maybe Texas (just so it could be given back to the mexicans =P
                        May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

The Hebrews are getting scarce few votes. What is wrong with you people? The Hebrews brought us all closer to God. And they gave us Einstein. Show some gratitude already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

Gee, I don't know - the 44 people who voted on this poll for a start.

Comment

Khmer, Austrians, Mayans, Ethiopians, Iroquios, Byzantines.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X