The Mysterious Pharaoh Leaderhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikolai
    You got to be kidding me, I postred that pic in the other thread discussing this days ago.
    And like me, you probably nabbed a copy of that picture from Civfanatics.

Comment

Nope.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
        Nope.
        Did you hack it out of Civ1?
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
          You mean it's Menes? I didn't think we had any proof that he existed, except for people who believe he's the same as Narmer and point to the Narmer palette. Could you elaborate? You obviously have access to some info that I don't.
          Well, yeah, I was assuming the theory here that Menes and Narmer were the same person, sorry, that was a bit of a stretch maybe...

By the way, that was fun. I enjoy being stumped. We should try something like that again.
          Yeah, these kinds of things are fun, but they really belong in the OT. We do have these kinds of contests there very occasionally (guess the battle, guess the building, guess the city, etc, or just historical trivia quizzes) but mostly they're lost in the usual rehashing of political dribble and flame wars
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Did you hack it out of Civ1?
            Honestly, I tried to find him there first but gave up. Then I used google and found two pics of him from Civ1, in at least two or three places. One of them was CF I think.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Gotta love the classics. Can you find Civ2's Ramses?
              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Real Pharoahs always wore beards - even Hatshepsut (in public). Old people know these things.

Comment

Yes. They wore false beards as a symbol of masculinity, since a lot of them could only grow sparse ones.

Comment

I'm not very well versed in ancient Egyptian history, but I think the most likely choice (or choices) is some conqueror pharaoh, as the expansion will be about warlords. So whoever on the list was the biggest warmonger gets my vote.
                    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                    - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus
                      I'm not very well versed in ancient Egyptian history, but I think the most likely choice (or choices) is some conqueror pharaoh, as the expansion will be about warlords. So whoever on the list was the biggest warmonger gets my vote.
                      That would be... Ramses II.

Comment

I´m following the majority and vote Ramses II.

But why the splitting of the banana vote?
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

That would be... Ramses II.
                          Not really, Tuthmosis III would be a far better candidate. Never did Egypt control a greater territory than under his reign, he's today nicknamed the 'Napoleon of Egypt' with good reason.

Ramses II's greatest specialty was propaganda. While he was an accomplished military leader, we mostly think of him as a great conqueror because that's what he wanted us to think

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Not really, Tuthmosis III would be a far better candidate. Never did Egypt control a greater territory than under his reign, he's today nicknamed the 'Napoleon of Egypt' with good reason.

Ramses II's greatest specialty was propaganda. While he was an accomplished military leader, we mostly think of him as a great conqueror because that's what he wanted us to think
                            My point is that Thutmose III was a better general, but Ramses was a bigger warmonger. You don't have to win battles to start them.

Just look at Qadesh. Oh wait! Ramses "won" that one didn't he?

Comment

My point is that Thutmose III was a better general, but Ramses was a bigger warmonger. You don't have to win battles to start them.
                              He only started more conflicts because he lived twice as long as any other pharaoh, that's hardly an argument to use. And a lot of the times it's not even certain if a battle/campaign ascribed to Ramses actually happened or involved Ramses in any way at all. As said, he was a great propaganda maker, he had a tendency of taking credit where it wasn't necessarily due...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

He only started more conflicts because he lived twice as long as any other pharaoh, that's hardly an argument to use. And a lot of the times it's not even certain if a battle/campaign ascribed to Ramses actually happened or involved Ramses in any way at all. As said, he was a great propaganda maker, he had a tendency of taking credit where it wasn't necessarily due...
                                Yeesh, that was aggressive, Locutus.

I'll just back away from this debate now.

Comment

Working...
                                X