This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch???

Ok the CIV Demo Game is on hold a waiting the new patch...

Yet I find no information on said patch

Does anyone here know what is going on?
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

And why do not begin before the patch?
    Does the patch don't work in the saves?The saves are CIV,aren't they?
    Best regards,

Comment

My understanding is the vote was to wait for the new patch - and we been waiting a while
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

surely an ETA could be provided ?
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Every time someone creates a new patch thread the patch is delayed by 1 week.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
            Well thank you Mr Blake for your witty retort...

maybe you would be so kind as to provide a link to the thread on the upcoming patch...
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
              Didn't they change it to a single post.

surely an ETA could be provided ?

i know it sounds weird but be glad they don't.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ok I will bight... why so?
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well, if they miss it - and some will take the ETA as set in stone - the real ****** starts.
                  People will remember and refer to it for years to come.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's out right now!

No, wait. . . .

Okay, try it now!

No, wait. . . .

Comment

The patch is currently final testing (as has already been said).

And yes, providing a release date for a patch isn't a good idea as Alva says - either the people start whining, or the company releases a not-ready patch just to meet the date. I can understand giving notice one or two days before the patch release, when it's certain, but generally, it's a bad idea.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Please don't misunderstand me,I'm just trying to understand,as I know nothing of computers:
                        For me civ4 is a game,for the engenier is a computer'programe patch puts right some part was wrong in the program(is that?).When I play(and save)something is added to the original program(still right?).
                        Then the patch can handle the original program,but not the changes I made allowed by the program itself?
                        Best regards,

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean... do you mean changes to XML files?

After the patch, you can load your saved game files. But you may need to recreate the XML mods.

Comment

No,not XML,I never touch that.I just wanted to know if I could begin a game pre-patch,then download the patch and then go on playing this same game, now with the patch,without any tech'trick that I'm unable to perform.
                            Please,is it possible or not?My thanks in advance.
                            Best regards,

Comment

Yes, that should be possible.

By the way, do you have the 1.52 patch now?

Comment

Working...
                              X