Patch v152 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aebbeka
    I can't get rid of the admin password. It keeps coming back. Anyone know how? Or what exactly to delete in the same game file?
    The game does let you change passwords, even if that v109 bug prevents you from clearing them. To locate where the admin password is stored, perhaps you can compare two otherwise identical saves of the same game with different passwords.

Comment

• PATCH 1.52 messed up my game

The game ran smoothly out of the box (w/patch 1.09)

With Patch 1.52 , uppon exiting any game to the main menu i get a mesage telling me that i dont meet reccommended graphics specs, and that my settings have been adjusted accordingly and I experiance manny graphical errors such as workers standing in an X position holding all of thier tools at once and nor animating properly. and the main part of Mines is missing. i also experience noticeable slowdown and cant join any MP games. I AM REALLY PISSED!

*takes deep breath*

AND noone on the help forum wants to post a reply, AFTER TWO DAYS!

Comment

• ; Don't show minimum specification warnings
        HideMinSpecWarning = 1

The most often question in the forums if you ask me.
        We really need FAQ for this.

Comment

• the point is that none of this happened before patch 1.52.

and that dosent help with any of my other problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by wardhali
            AND noone on the help forum wants to post a reply, AFTER TWO DAYS!
            1. Deinstall the whole game.
            2. Reinstall the base game.
            3. Reinstall patch 1.09

It is a shame that we can't choose to roll back to a previous version.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

EDIT: Did it have the Stack Attack option before this patch? If they did then it got turned off when I upgraded.

ACK!
              I think it did. Patching sets all settings to default for some reason...
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Originally posted by wardhali
                the point is that none of this happened before patch 1.52.

and that dosent help with any of my other problems.
                So someone tries to help you, and you're just rude to them? You are a churl!
                Last edited by GodSpawn; December 27, 2005, 07:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by GodSpawn

So someone tries to help you, and you're just rude to them? You are a churl!
                  I've noticed that a lot over in the help section. They don't take the time to read other peoples postings on similar problems and possible fixes. Then they post the same questions and get irate when no one gives them the same answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by aebbeka
                    I can't get rid of the admin password. It keeps coming back. Anyone know how? Or what exactly to delete in the same game file?
                    aebbeka, i got following PM from alexman regarding this. he was kind enough to reply in his holidays:

You need to find the admin password in the save file and replace it by an empty string. To locate where the admin password is stored, perhaps you can compare two otherwise identical saves of the same game with different passwords.

I would love to give more detail, but I'm on vacation I have very limited computer access. So if you manage to figure it out, could you please make a post on 'poly and CFC explaining how to do it?

Resetting the admin passowrd in 1.52 saves will not work, by the way. Version 1.09 is the last version where you can get away with editing the save, but in v1.52 you can clear the admin password in-game.

however, i could not figure it out. all my attempts ended in a runtime error when loading. maybe someone else is more successful?
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Since upgrading to 1.52 I've seen a lot more graphic corruption. Before 1.52, movies skipped, and the skipping got a lot worse with 1.09, but you could still watch the movie (or skip to the end), now nearly all of my wonder movies fill the movie with red, brown, and tan stripes. As the game progresses, I start getting all black or all red screens instead of the 3d animated leaders during diplomacy with increasing frequency. All these are just minor cosmetic inconveniences, but one glitch that starts happening all the time after you've been playing a short while is that the fog of war will disappear from the minimap for about 1/2 a second every time I hit 'End Turn'. This is more than enough time for me to tell where other continents are.

Comment

• does this patch help the CTD problems ppl have been having?

i am dubious to download it untill i hear aboutthis and i cant find it...

tom

Comment

• nm
                          Last edited by Zoid; December 27, 2005, 19:46.

Comment

• Please stop advising people to disable their virus protection just to increase the amount of memory available for a game. It is hard to imagine more irresponsible advice than that.
                            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

• OMFG, Libertarian sighting

Comment

• Well I don't see any way possible of modifying the file. It seems to be encrypted throughout the entire thing.
                                Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

Working...
                                X