• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpencerH
    Very strange!

Noble, standard map, etc.
    Random civ gave me USA/Washington.

It wasnt even close even though I did nothing (overtly) different. In fact, I didnt get a religion until Islam revolted over to me (and by then I had the civic for free religion) so I played the early ancient and medival game with only 30-40% research. Despite that, I was still the point/tech/power leader for the whole game and I only missed a couple of the wonders!

I have no idea what the difference is between losing a game and crushing the AI (as I did here again) but if this was a previous civ version I'd confidently move up to monarch or higher. With this version I'll prob lose on prince again.

As with previous civ versions, spys need to be playable earlier (I'm makin a list for my mods).
    I'm finding pretty wide fluctuations in results over games where I use similar strategy. It may be traits/units, or it may be the maps... I don't have a good feel for it yet.

You'll note you got an Organized civ... I think (can't prove it, though) that trait is stronger than it sounds.

Hmmm! Is 20 or so cities 'standard' for you then? It's quite a few more than I bother with.
    Well, by the end? 15-20, yeah. At some point I take somebody down. But I've played games where I've got more like 10 cities for the bulk of the game (like, say, until I have Tanks). I'm neither a peacenik nor a warmonger.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Yes, but only at lower levels. Whatever the pictures, this game is about numbers. Exploits aside, knowing game mechanics isn't 'manipulating' the game, but playing it.
      i guess ure right... but there is no fine line between the 2, so i dont wana go into the exploit side too much, its boring. i guess id rather play a nice diplo game with humans

Comment

Working...
      X