Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL is this the same troll that goes around to all the game forums saying he's gonna sue the publisher for game bugs in the game? I remember nearly identical posts in other forums for Battlefield 2 a forumplanet.com, and somewhere else as well.

Comment

So he's cutting in on my trolling turf?!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumPion
        LOL is this the same troll that goes around to all the game forums saying he's gonna sue the publisher for game bugs in the game? I remember nearly identical posts in other forums for Battlefield 2 a forumplanet.com, and somewhere else as well.
        Battlefield 2 and Civ4 are the two games I have problems running smoothly at the moment:
        • BF2 doesn't because of server side lag and because the server search function is poor to say the least.
        • Civ4 doesn't run very well after loading or mid-late game.

I have dual 6600 GT cards, Athlon 64 3700+ processor and 1Gb ram. I was thinking of upgrading to 2gb after Xmas, however.

I don't have a problem with Firaxis, however, I do with EA. Firaxis \0/ I'm waiting for Alpha Centauri 2 :P
        lols internets

Comment

Why would Firaxis want anything to do with the guy who made the original memory leak patch?

They're the ones fully acquainted with the mechanisms they've programmed, and have more at their disposal to fix the memory problem. Even if they take a hint from the guy and implement some of his basic corrections, they could still do it in a way that doesn't use any of his actual work.
          Killing is fun in pixels, isn't it?

Comment

It's not like Hark asked for money in his EULA.
            Did Hark have an EULA?

Comment

My question to anyone is, should I start investing in upgrades or should I wait to see if theres another patch coming?
              Whats everyone deciding to do?
              To find is to seek and search

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                So he's cutting in on my trolling turf?!
                Yeah, but he has quite a ways to catch up with your spamming prowess. You are up there with Spikey and the gang.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by SKIPICUS
                  My question to anyone is, should I start investing in upgrades or should I wait to see if theres another patch coming?
                  I upgraded to a 6600GT, installed both patch v109 and Hark's memory fix.

It has been working since then.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    Yeah, but he has quite a ways to catch up with your spamming prowess. You are up there with Spikey and the gang.
                    I need more forums!
                    But I don't have Civ 1, 2 or 3, and the SMACers hate me because I'm a total jerk, and OT doesn't give postcount. >.<

Comment

Hey there, SKIPICUS,

I feel your angst mate. I'm a bit pissed off by it all as well. I'm unable to work, due to illness, and forking out 30 quid for a game that doesn't work, makes me feel like kicking ass too.

We just have to bite the bullet and learn the lesson. Don't buy any more of their crappy products.

I've said this in another thread but if we all did a similar thing the developers would change their attitudes quick and we wouldnt be lumbered with this kind of crap.

Hope santa brings you a decent game for xmas instead. Try some of the GTA games theyre fun and they work.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

PS. Dr. Zoidberg:
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                          I am not going to sue Firaxis (or Take2 actually) for falsely advertising the game requirments, but in fact they've done exactly that. How exactly are 512 MB of RAM the recommanded memory size when the game itself uses over 500 MB RAM ? I checked it myself while playing a standard game on a regular map. I cannot even imagine how can the game run at the minimum specs.

I was content with the game performance since my box is already 2 years old (aprox.) and I wasn't expecting more from it. However, as much as I like the game and respect Firaxis, the fact that an amateur enthusiast created a patch that helps the game run much faster, without crashes and slowdowns, leaves me puzzled on the quality of programming and testing done for this game (please note that I am talking about performance testing, not gameplay).
                          My previous computer was more than four years old and played the game just fine on Standard maps. It was (and I guess still is...I haven't smashed/sold it yet) a P4 1.3 with 512 MB RAM and a GF4mx. If you play a game with any computer below recommended requirements, you have to expect that it will be slow.

As far as the memory issue goes: It does not affect everyone, so it may not have been very pronounced during testing. Anyone who's done any programming knows that some bugs just don't follow the rules and are many times much harder to get rid of than one would think. That being said, I'm not surprised that an outsider found a solution to an issue in the game. Know why? There are billions of people in this world and some of them are bound to have talent. Just because some random guy doesn't work for Firaxis or whoever doesn't mean he's not capable of doing what Firaxis is doing. Sometimes it comes down to a bit of random luck when making something like Civ.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

PS. Dr. Zoidberg:
                            *Takes a bow
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

How did you do that blue-colored emote?
                              /me 's emots are all the default colour

Comment

Oh spammers, pray that your posts be short, and your forums cluttered.

Comment

Working...
                                X