Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in the expansion pack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet busters for the masses!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      This has already been planned.
      Yes, and I want them to actually do it already

Oh, an option to disable global warming.

Comment

Why? It's realistic.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

The more I play this game the more I realize it would probably be bad to add more units, especially in the late game.

Many units are already worthless at the later levels. I mean, by the time you can get machine gunners, infantry are right around the corner. Same goes for riflemen. Same for ironclads. Same for frigates. There isn't even much distance between swordsmen and macemen, pikemen, etc.

I reckon the game needs a revamp in the expansion to put more distance between the distinct ages. Maybe a rearranging of the tech tree to make more units/techs dependent on earlier technologies.

Or maybe some good scenarios to cater for people like me who want to recreate history and not just rush through the tech tree at a breakneck pace to keep up with the AI and end up building spaceships a hundred years after discovering how to train riflemen.

Or - maybe I just need to climb back down the difficulty levels. *sigh*

Comment

A "Pwn n00bs" Button that automatically detects whether any player is a total novice or blunder maker, and automatically sends 3 barb stacks in against them from the nearest fog of war tile.
            Note that I will probably pwn myself multiple times when trying a new strategy.

Comment

my top five for the moment

*paratroopers
              *better spys (more missions, cheaper costs etc)
              *better aircombat
              *great generals
              *more nuances with religion

Comment

Originally posted by Standup
                Zones of control for certain units and as a bonus it makes forts a bit more useful.
                There should be zones of control for military units in a fort. As it is, the fort makes little sense to build, since an invader will merely bypass the fort and move on to something else. Therefore, the fort is essentially useless.

However, if there was a zone of control, it would be more realistic and it would be (if the fort is placed properly) necessary to knocck out the fort to advance through a player's territory.

Comment

Agreed - ZOC is missed. it would be fine if it only applied to forts and cities. Forts do little other than provide a "safer" place to garrison troops. Unless they're put on a one-square bottleneck, they serve no strategic purpose whatsoever - I guess that is unless you ring them around a central tile of interest. I'll get right on that...

Since more civs, techs and leaders is a given, I'll go without saying.

I also think there should be a mega-epic length choice. Many parts of the game blow by way too fast...even at epic lengths. I think that increasing research times but leaving hammer requirements the same as epic would handle that nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                    A "Pwn n00bs" Button that automatically detects whether any player is a total novice or blunder maker, and automatically sends 3 barb stacks in against them from the nearest fog of war tile.
                    Note that I will probably pwn myself multiple times when trying a new strategy.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe I should spend less time here complaining and more time thinking about what I'm doing in the game - for example.

Comment

1. lethal air bombard.

2. Having happy and health resources give more than +1 depending on how many you have. +1 at 2 wheat, another +1 at 4 wheat, another +1 at 6 wheat etc...for example.

3. A promotion for stealth bombers called "mid-air refueling". So that stealths with said upgrade can bomb any tile in a much larger range. Or perhaps a side tech enabling mid air refueling. Or a separate mid air refueling unit that can support refueling x number of bombers per turn.
                      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Aye, an improved Worldbuilder that you don't have to start a game to access.
                        For the bugginess of SMAC, its worldbuilder kicked arse.

Comment

yes, it took me the longest time to realize that you had to actually start a game in order to create one...

I was assuming it was like every other world building tool i have seen. As a separate option.
                          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                          X