No announcement yet.

patch 1.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The patch has removed "crash on worker order" for me.

Since I got it, I've played about 5 hours on a huge map without a single glitch or crash.

Comment

Originally posted by seebs
      The patch has removed "crash on worker order" for me.

Since I got it, I've played about 5 hours on a huge map without a single glitch or crash.
      I hadn't had any crashes since I went to the 71.89 Nvidia drivers. What I got after the patch was the game playing sooo slow (a huge inland sea map with 8 players, year 2000) that I closed the game (which crashed) and decided I would try with latest Nvidia drivers and re-installing 9.0c. When that is done I will try the saved game again. If that fails, I will play a game from the beginning and see... but so far, I have little hopes that this patch will fix the majority of the problems and it has created ones for me that didn't exist before.

Comment

I get "eye problems" with Ghengis Khan (his left eye) and Asoka (both his eyes). I haven't yet seen all the leaders, so I don't know if I'll get more problems. It seems the eyeballs are rotated so that the pupils point too much downward.

I get stuttering intro, wonder, and presumably victory movies, but no stuttering religion and era movies. I suspect it's related to Bink Video libraries.

I've got an Nvidia FX5200 card, with recent drivers, and all other graphic options to low.

Comment

Actually, for me, the patch fixed the lighting and the cheshire cat effect; however, I still can't see animals (ex cows, horses, pigs are just shadows) and the opening video and wonder movies are still choppy. So, I'm not really sure of what all the patch did.

Comment

I've had out of place shadows on my workers.
            when using multiple units (you see 2 guys working the tile instead of 1) the units' shadows are sometimes 90 degrees off the guys would be . . and the shadow would be :

Comment

Originally posted by ac_snowman
              Not even able to download the update. I haven't had any real problems with the game except for "feel myself aging" load times and 'some' (but not that bad) memory leak.
              However, when I click "Check for Updates" nothing happens, and I mean nothing. Just locks up, except for the music. Anybody else have a similiar exerience? Could it be firewall related? Although I don't get a permission pop up from Norton like I'd expect if that were the case.
              Of course, judging from what I've read here, I might be better off without the patch...
              Yeah I get the same problem when I try to update it. The thing is I down loaded the patch ok first time but then it didn't install and now I can't update the game and it just locks up and when I click the update option.

Man I tell you this game is getting worse.

Comment

Working...
              X