• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI radeon M9600 128MB
    Runs fine
    for SMciv4

Comment

GeForce4-Ti4400, runs about 3 or 4 turns if I'm lucky before graphical corruption and crash. Better than the 2 turns definite prior to driver update but not by much.

Comment

Interesting.

There are roughly twice more ATI cards here, than NVIDIA, yet more than half ATI cards can not run CIV 4 and most of NVIDIA cards runs just fine.

Similar situation happens again and again with various games. This is why I always chose NVIDIA over ATI. Performance is about the same, but NVIDIA drivers are more stable. This has been for years.
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

runs great - ati radeon 9800 pro 256 MB AGP Me too

Comment

Intro and Wonder movies 'stutter'.
            nVIDIA FX5200 128MB AGP

Comment

x800 and working fine... I"m noticing a lot of people who're suffering from card trouble/bad performance are running the game with very marginal cards, seems like. Not all of them, but a lot.
              Friedrich Psitalon
              Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
              Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

nVidia Geforce4 420 Go 32 VRAM
                Intro movie hiccups every 2 or so seconds, some info screens have a longer delay before popping up. I play on low/medium settings of course. Didn't construct wonders sofar so no info yet on wonder movies.
                And there seems to be an issue with the yield overlay in the city -and game screen. Only food shows.
                Had to upgrade my graphic driver with one my portable manufacturer provided, the drivers aren't updated by nVidia themself.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

"People hitting problems with ATI, there is a fix posted elsewhere on this site that deals with "initializing renderer" problems people have hit."

Nope, sorry, tried that already. It didn't work.

I have a ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Graphics Card with 256MB Memory, Version 6.14.0010.6575, run on a 768 RAM Dell Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Processor.
                  I originally had a NVidia 440MX GeForce 4 AGP8X Graphics Card, but replaced it with this Radeon one, hoping that would solve the problem. Its looking like a big mistake right now. Any ideas?

Comment

ok on a creaky old Radeon 8500...

not *fast*.... but okay.

On the other hand, I have weird VPU Recover errors occasionally.... not the one documented here... they are indeed occasional, not unique to this game, and don't even always crash me out of Civ 4... They also happen in Rome: Total War and there they do crash the game... they are pretty occasional, though, not frequent.

Comment

Mkay, installed it on my two other machines and it worked like a a charm.

One Radeon 9800 w/5.8 drivers and one nVidia 6800go on my laptop, not sure what drivers is on that thing...
                      "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Hmmm... About 30-40% are not able to make the game run... That CAN'T be right.
                        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz
                          Hmmm... About 30-40% are not able to make the game run... That CAN'T be right.
                          I think it's more likely that those having problems will post and vote than those who are not having problems.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

*nod* Agreed. Still, it's a high number. And it does show that there are a lot more ATI people with problems then nVidia, but it seems it's not directly linked to a spesific chipset.

I'm betting it's an issue with people not insalling new drivers correctly. And a few obscure hardware conflicts.

Comment

update: my geforce4 mx440 is a little sluggish, but it works with one exception.

The floodplains (as mentioned by someone else) can be seen through the fog as little strips of grassy areas.

Not major, but gives away the location of floodplains.
                              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
                                The floodplains (as mentioned by someone else) can be seen through the fog as little strips of grassy areas.
                                Ah yes, forgot to mention that. Same with my card (see specs a few posts above)

In addition, in the tutorial mod the player can attack wild animals, but not in the game?
                                Is this a bug or a feature of the tutorial?
                                He who knows others is wise.
                                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X