No announcement yet.

Civ 4 release date pushed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe the open model of the game (xml data, python scripting) assures that there wont be big issues for modders between patches....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Woohoo! I think this is good news. We've known that the game has been playable for a long time now, so I think this indicates that the game is pretty much ready moreso than it indicates the game is being rushed out unfinished. Release dates are fairly arbitrary, so there's no reason to think the Nov. 14 date was set in stone and was somehow scientifically determined to be the optimal release date for the game.

It's a celebration, *****es!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        i tend to think it's just an accountant thing: "we're going to have some sales in november but we'll count them for october, ok?"
        Yeah that's exactly what this is.
        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Ass

Yeah that's exactly what this is.
          Me thinks too.
          If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
          Ailing Civilization Strategy
          How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
          M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            what was the last game you didnt patch?
            I don't build games
            I'm a serious programma

I'm quiet frequently releasing bug-free products.
            Of course the bigger products are never bug-free though But that doesn't depend on the ammount of testing.

At one moment the product is finished to go 'live'.
            Searching for more bugs would be a waste of time.
            Some bugs can't be found through testing. There's a difference between testing and using an application.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Aro

But I'll not pay more than $80!!!

I know, I'm desperate!
              Aro, aren't you busy enough with C3C ISDG team? 'Cos if you aren't, I can aways give you some extra simming to do...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

I don't build games
                I'm a serious programma

I'm quiet frequently releasing bug-free products.
                Of course the bigger products are never bug-free though But that doesn't depend on the ammount of testing.

At one moment the product is finished to go 'live'.
                Searching for more bugs would be a waste of time.
                Some bugs can't be found through testing. There's a difference between testing and using an application.
                Well clearly, you are not a very serious programmer.

If the product is ready for release, then there are no bugs, period.

There are likely many undocumented features, and there are going to be many issues fully attributable to user error, but there are never any "bugs".

Comment

MarkG in addition to the in-house testers, aren't there something like 100 beta testers taken from the public including some members of the 'poly forums?

We Apolytoners are such a horrible bunch that I'm sure no one would want us .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nah, those of us who post aswell at CFC are good.
                    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
                    Ailing Civilization Strategy
                    How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
                    M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

Originally posted by Kinjiru

Well clearly, you are not a very serious programmer.

If the product is ready for release, then there are no bugs, period.

There are likely many undocumented features, and there are going to be many issues fully attributable to user error, but there are never any "bugs".

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Drakan
                        Nah, those of us who post aswell at CFC are good.
                        Sure about that

You are only good because your admins are too restrictive of what you post...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill

Aro, aren't you busy enough with C3C ISDG team? 'Cos if you aren't, I can aways give you some extra simming to do...

No, thanks!

Btw, I'm counting on at least 2 weeks of delay here in Brazil.

RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas
                          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Haven't we been educated for years and years (especially by Firaxis PR) that it is the publisher, not the developer that determines ship date? And that they have no protections or control? That they cannot slide back dates because it cost the publisher too much in ads and such, but the publisher can move the date to better suit their financial needs? Why, I do believe so.

Now, if the date is just being moved up a few weeks, that isn't going to have a significant effect on the production cIV. They have been telling us that it has been in MP alpha and beta testing for forever (well, over a year). All it means is that they AI will cheat outrageously in SP, but that it will still suck. SP wasn't going to be much better just because some part of the cIV team had a whole 2 more weeks to tune it, after all.

So, at most, it's just one more patch. Considering the mad modders around here, that isn't going to matter in the long run, is it?
                            -Darkstar
                            (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

however much it dosnt matter,its still the principle of realising a crappy(patch-wise) game and charging money then fixing it with patches. or even worse,some compainies just do 2-3 patches and release the xpak aka finnaly 20% of game. RTW anyone?
                              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

damn, I probably need to get a new computer

Comment

Working...
                                X