Civ 4 release date pushed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 release date pushed up

Hot Coffee guts GTA publisher's sales; Bully pushed back, Civilization IV moved up, new Xbox 360 game, and "extensions of the Grand Theft Auto franchise" announced.

"PC gamers will be pleased to learn that Civilization IV is being moved up several weeks, and will also ship before this coming Halloween. "
    ----
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

+1

edit: ALSO NEW GTA GAME!!!

w00t!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Wonderful. Usually games' release date tends to be delayed

delayed

and delayed

It's a kind of magic
      Last edited by M. le Comte; September 7, 2005, 18:02.
      M. le Comte

Comment

Halloween is 31/oct, right ?

So I will have to schedule my bad, bad flu for late october then.

I just hope it is really "done". I will never forgive them Civ3 and the bomber-intercept-bug-for-player-fighters. Such things must not happen with dozens (and more) beta test games....

Comment

Thanks, Mahdimael!
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Mmmm, interesting, I have a few days holiday left, I will have to book some time off when I have a confirmed release date
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

just around when I need to get working on my paper

Comment

This is bad news. If they're done early, then give them an extra month of debugging to make it even more solid. If this is just a moneygrab by the publisher......disaster looms....

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                  This is bad news. If they're done early, then give them an extra month of debugging to make it even more solid. If this is just a moneygrab by the publisher......disaster looms....
                  I agree, this is certainly not good news...

Comment

The Investor Relations website contains information about Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.'s business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.

I hope you're wrong Sleepy but I have to admit, it don't look good.. no sirreee.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

They've been telling for months now in interviews that the game is already practically finished and that they're working on improving the AI and plugging in graphics. My impression is the game could've been released even earlier if they wanted, but they didn't because they wanted to wait for the 'holiday season'.

Nothing to be worried about IMHO.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Maniac talking sense

the rest of yall are a bunch of whiny nancy boys!!!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They've been telling for months now in interviews that the game is already practically finished and that they're working on improving the AI and plugging in graphics.

What else do you expect them to say?

"ZOMG!!111 @#{ We neva be able to fin1sh this game like eva111LOL"'é"#@111!!!" ???
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            the rest of yall are a bunch of whiny nancy boys!!!
                            I just want it to come out after my school year is [effectively] over (read: I've been accepted by a university )

Comment

Any naysayers without personal knowledge of the games development are talking out there ass.

If they had an original date of december, people would have thought that it was when the game was ready....
                              and a nov. date would have been too early for a bug free game.

Point being that any thoughts of when the game is "ready" is based on the orig. dev's rel. date.

For all ANY of us know, the game is in drydock as we speak waiting to be released. And the date is chosen for other factors.

Anyone thinking that the date of nov. 1 is the best date, is only swallowing the dev's line.

WHY SHOULD ANY OF US THINK THAT NOV.1 OR 14 WAS CHOSEN BECAUSE THAT IS THE DATE FOR THE BEST GAME?????
                              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                              X