No announcement yet.

New Release date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just wish they would confirm this year or next year. honestly, im praying for next year, longer to work on it means a better game.

they did confirm this winter i think, but that was awhile back...

Comment

How long have they been working on the game ? Has it been about the same time as Civilization 3? If it has then we know that there will be problems but most should be miner. I just hope its not something that is put off till a add on which is not right . Patches are ok as all games need at least two or three anyhow .

Comment

I think they started Beta like well over a year ago, possibly even two years but I'm not 100%. I believe the project was started at about the same time Conquests was being worked on.
        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

I want it SOON! I don't care if they just give me a pretty box with an 'IOU CivIV' inside, I WANT it!

Give it to me baby, come to papa!
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

What really takes time to make is the fancy stuff like the graphics. But for AI and rules testing, they can do it with any piece of graphic they have available.
            Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Footballgod128
              i just wish they would confirm this year or next year. honestly, im praying for next year, longer to work on it means a better game.

they did confirm this winter i think, but that was awhile back...
              They confirm november all the time in any interview they do.
              There's no reason to work another year on it.
              Firaxis has been working on this babe for over 2 years. They've been playing multiplayer games from over 1,5 years already.

There's no reason to be afraid it will fail like civ3 (strange I still play a failed game 4 years after it's release, but ok. much people apparantly don't like it)

civ3 had 2 major problems:
              - the design team left, including the lead designer, halfway the project.
              - it was build on old game engines. civ4 is being build from scratch.

Of course the game may still suck or fail Though it's not like: Civ3 didn't do it for me, maybe civ4 won't do it either.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

hmm, still too long to wait.

I'm off to start another civ3 game

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

There's no reason to be afraid it will fail like civ3 (strange I still play a failed game 4 years after it's release, but ok. much people apparantly don't like it)

Me too.
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

well I'm bored of my civ3 game I started last night.

Some difficulty levels I get smashed at, while if I go one easier I completely dominate. Last night was the latter. I'm at the beginning of the industrial age, but I doubt I'll finish.

Yeah the world settings were a major factor. Archipelago (smallest island size). I was lucky to get a decent sized land mass and the ability of my curraghs/galleys to reach 2 civs and trade techs from them.

I also chose warm and wet (instead of warm and arid like I usually do), but I was still lucky and got all desert. Yeah I prefer desert. Large world, average age.

I guess with these world settings I could go one difficulty level higher. maybe 2.

Comment

If you're playing with the island setting instead of the continents setting, it's almost always boring. I choose the smallest continents and it's pretty good usually.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Beer is easier to balance than Civ.
                        /me mumbles something 'bout the Dutch, English and Americans

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Dis: play a difficult level multiple times. Learn from your defeatings. I thought I would never be able to beat deity. Now I'm playing Deity all the time. it's hard, but it's cool 8)
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

they´re going to release it by christmas no matter what. christmas sales cannot be wasted, who cares about putting out a crapped out product. it´s just a game after all
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

cause we are all use to patches

it's a love-hate relationship
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                                cause we are all use to patches

it's a love-hate relationship
                                oh so true
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley