• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I am choosing February 1, 2006.

Admittedly, this is out of a hope that they will spend the extra three months fine-tuning the game and making the AI better.
      Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

and miss the Christmas rush?

Not likely.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
          I will not buy Civ4 unless they can tell me that Civ4 will have a different design team whose idea of difficulty levels is a progressively stronger AI decision-making algorithm. Not "lets make the AI civs real strong and weaken the player" as difficulty level rises.
          I guess you really, really hated Civ1 and Civ2 and SMAC/X.

Comment

I guess Nov 1, or if that's taken Nov 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              The release date will be November 22nd, 2005. Happy Holidays!
              Good, 2 days before my birthday - then I can hear the ol' curmudgeon complain about it as I eat my cake and play it...
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I still guess it might become 2006... but I'll quit spreading fear now ;-)
                So or so, before it comes out, I should buy a better computer... 1 GHz won't be enough...

Comment

Yes I'm going with Nov 15th until EB update it again.

Comment

You already guessed. No guess changing.

Comment

It just has to be pre Christmas $$$$$

they can always patch it later - they have done it before, they will do it again
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                        they can always patch it later - they have done it before, they will do it again
                        Inevitable.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I suspect that there will be a number of Apolyton patches as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                            Although this time a not leaving the problems in the final version unpatched would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              I suspect that there will be a number of Apolyton patches as well.
                              We are creative.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Seconded. I'd be perfectly fine with 2006. Perhaps June. Or September. Or November. Or whatever, if only it is a finished product. I will gladly pay twice the usual price for a game. Or thrice.

Unfortunately this is wishful thinking. The release date will be November 22nd, 2005. It will be rushed. It will be buggy. The first patch will be out before christmas and fix about 15% of the issues. Happy Holidays!

preach it brother
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X