To 2000AD or beyond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhh...thanks for the reply.
    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

• IMHO, i think the game shude go into 3000 AD with future techs... but seeing as many wont like it i would want an option that turns off the future eara
      Kermit the frog

Comment

• I would like to see a time span for a full game, to go from 5000 BC to 2700 AD.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• But now they announced that they'd cut the turns from 550 to 400 :-/

Of course, that doesn't say anything about exact times in the game. Besides, you should be able to count time as you want - maybe not everybody wants to use BC/AD, and why should non-Western people (esp. in BC times!) use it anyway?

Comment

• Because otherwise the whole game would become a complete mess?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Sounds like they are reducing the ability to have a really good epic game.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• I'd like the option of going into a sensibly plotted future tech "age" (fusion and electric cars, not laser rifles) but its probably more likely to see the light of day as a professional mod or xpack than the standard civ game. I've never been happy with the idea of going straight from the Apollo moon landings to interstellar colonisation in a single leap.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumbold
                  I'd like the option of going into a sensibly plotted future tech "age" (fusion and electric cars, not laser rifles) but its probably more likely to see the light of day as a professional mod or xpack than the standard civ game. I've never been happy with the idea of going straight from the Apollo moon landings to interstellar colonisation in a single leap.
                  I think they should have a xpack that expands into the 3000, however this might have to be something like ToT. Maybe the designers at Fraxis could figure somethimg out.

Shark Fin 101
                  Red meat isn't bad for you... fuzzy green meat is....

Comment

• The trouble is that everyone has a greatly different idea of what the far future would resemble.

The game should maybe go as far as a decade or two from our current modern times.

If we can mod extra eras, that would rule!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I'd like to go further and do another take on the SMAC competing philosophies without the irritating PLANET plot and psionic aliens. Should Earth become a pollution free gaia or one big megacity?
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumbold
                        Should Earth become a pollution free gaia or one big megacity?
                        It would be difficult for us to support either extreme without outside assistance (mining asteriods, orbital facilities, colonizing other planets, etc. (All future tech)).
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• I don't think it needs worry about colonisation of other planets, but I'd love to have all the plausible techs for low earth orbit manufacturing, asteroid mining, solar power sats etc.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                          X