Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think breaking an alliance that brutally will result in a bad name forever. If someone does that to me online I will remember his name forever and never ally him again. I would spread the word about this as well, so that everyone else will do the same.

I play civilization the boardgame with a poule of 12 friends. Of course we can break alliances with that game easily as well. Though if one does, it'll hunt him for the rest of the year in all games to follow.

The AI will not remember if you play a new game.
    Humans will remember............ forever

That's why I would never cheat that hard on humans.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Hi mate,

How could you cheat in an MP game?

Mind you, I'd cheat fully in a SP game just to keep up with the cheating the AI does on the hardest levels, if only I knew one. Talk about lazy programming.

My last game was on 2nd hardest, set up about 15 settlers, only had 2 single tile mountain ranges to connect me to both continents and even with guarennteed borders an a 14-city headstart the AI still built 3 wonders before me.

Cheating AI- who wants it? The programmers need merely set the difficulty levels against their programming skills, meaning "Impossible" is a level they haven't beaten.......of course this means they must also play the game in order to discover it, which I doubt will happen?

Toby

Comment

• When I say 'cheat' I do mean by cheating yourself into an aliance by giving wrong reasons. Just to make friends with someone because you want to slaughter them when they trust you.

Not cheating as in not following the rules.

Comment

• While not having played the game, this sounds just as I've got Diplomacy described.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• in the PBEM world, there's an informal list with these type of assessments of players circulated routinely.

However, the "rules" of PBEM says that you are to treat every game seperate from any pre-conceived notions. In practice, that's almost impossible.

If I got shafted by someone, I would remember.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
              in the PBEM world, there's an informal list with these type of assessments of players circulated routinely.

However, the "rules" of PBEM says that you are to treat every game seperate from any pre-conceived notions. In practice, that's almost impossible.

If I got shafted by someone, I would remember.
              like we are so surprised to hear that old chap
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Of course you remember.
                If someone breaks an alliance in such a nasty way, he'll do it again.
                one would really be very naive to start a new alliance with such a person again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                  Of course you remember.
                  If someone breaks an alliance in such a nasty way, he'll do it again.
                  one would really be very naive to start a new alliance with such a person again.
                  oh you have met Aqualung have you
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

And one would also be very naive to never consider making an alliance with that person again.

Each game is different.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• and obviously you do know Aqualung
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd

And one would also be very naive to never consider making an alliance with that person again.

Each game is different.
                        I would make peace with him, perhaps an alliance, but I would be very carefull. An dit would take a few games before I could totally trust that person again.

I would not let him put a knife in my back again, simply by neer turning my back to him.

I've never met aqualong btw.
                        On a game of civilization the boardgame I played about half a year ago, I had an alliance with my neighbour. In total trust we fought back to back against our enemies. Suddenly 2 turns before the end of the game he invaded my country. I had no defense next to his borders since we agreed total trust. He was allowed to do so according to the game, but I didn't forget it.

The game that followed I have only spend all my resources in fighting him. He didn't knew what hitted him. Of course fighting him with all my resourced resulted in the downfall of both of us. I didn't care. I'm sure none of my friends will ever dare to do something like that to me again

Comment

• as i stated if one ally refuses a resource to another ally then the aaliaance is basically over, the war that follows is caused by not sharing.

that is what real life isabout..

allainces come and go over the year s as necessity dictates..

reality is you should never trust anyone becaue unless it a co-operative victory you chasing one day they have to turn on you.

and remember it is only agame
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin

and remember it is only agame
                            opps

ahh that could expain a few things around here
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Of course it's just a game. It's not as if I would dislike such a person in real life
                              I would hate him in game-life though

And I think you should be able to end an alliance, but not like: "I end hte alliance" and immediately cross his borders with 5,00,000 soldiers.

We always agree a cooling down period of 2 or 3 turns. If there's such a period between the end of my alliance and the war, I won't stop trusting him.

Comment

• i agree, move the troops first while you have right of passage
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X