No announcement yet.

[Mod] A proper score graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even think about the score graph being target of a mod, but I'll definitely use this - no more ugly weird-graph!

Thank you very much!

Comment

downloaded, used, BRILLIANT!

give this man a guiness.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah

I don't know if it's what ghen is talking about but the religion screen already shows the changes that would occur when you mouseover the given religions. You may have to wtch closely because if you have two religions in a city and change from one religion to another you still get the same bonuses. The bonuses and such don't change, just which city gets them.

Tom P.

My thinking is more for the civics screen as civics change everything about production in the game but only shows gold changes due to upkeep.. It doesn't show happiness changes, research changes, etc.. so sometimes its hard to figure out which civic would be perfect for the next bunch of turns.

Adding that to the civics screen would then be easy to copy whats needed to the religion screen, I don't know what exactly that would be yet, just brainstorming my peeves
        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Release v1.5

I've done some major polishing of the graph:
          • Full screen graph (moved the demographics table to a new tab).
          • Added rival best/worst to demographics table.
          • Sideways scrolling.
          • Shows what years are being displayed.
          • Improved legend layout.

Screenshot:

Download: Version 1.5

Comment

Nice work ulfn! I've been silently using it since initial release, so I figured it was about time I sang your praises.

Huzzah! Etc.

Comment

I got a request at CivFanatics to display some more dates, so now I do. The new version displays fives dates in total.

Download version 1.6

Comment

Great mod, ulfn. Put it into the custom assets folder just now, and after checking out a couple existing games with it... I think it will definitely stay there. At least untill the next version comes out.

Good job, this.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

Oooh I like it! Nice split-off of the demographics.
                  ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Don't mean to be a moron, but I followed the directions in the "readme" and placed the file CvInfoScreen.py into My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\screens as suggested. I don't seem to get any changes. The graph looks horrible. I think it is still the original graph but it is early in the game (5 turns) and I never looked at it before until I had met many other civs. Regardless, it is still the top half my color and the bottom half my neighbor's color. No nifty lines like your picture shows.

I am using 1.09 (just upgraded at same time as your mod)
                    I have downloaded version 6
                    I have no files in my "logs" folder.

Help?

Comment

WHOA!!

Well, I wasn't going to just let it sit there so after posting I reloaded an older saved game and "powie" the graph was there! So I reloaded my new game and "double powie" the new graph was there as well!

What happened and why, I'll never know....

I'll just enjoy my new graphs...

Comment

hi folks,

i´m also flabbergasted how much better this graph is. so i desided to use it to. there´s just one problem. i don´t know how to install it(or what ever is needed to use it).

so can anyone give me an instruction how to do it?

i´d be thankful,

henneman

Comment

The install instructions are mentioned in the readme file that is included in the zip file you downloaded
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

yes, i saw the instruction right after i posted. but it does not work. the instruction says: Put CvInfoScreen.py in
                            My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\screens.
                            You might have to change the path depending on your Civ IV installation.
                            Check where it puts your save games and modify the path above accordingly.

the problem is, that i´ve never been able to handle such computer stuff on my own. i tried, but i failed -modifying the path accordingly-...

so can you or anyone else give me further instruction, please?

thanks,

henneman

Comment

Originally posted by henneman
                              yes, i saw the instruction right after i posted. but it does not work. the instruction says: Put CvInfoScreen.py in
                              My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\screens.
                              You might have to change the path depending on your Civ IV installation.
                              Check where it puts your save games and modify the path above accordingly.

the problem is, that i´ve never been able to handle such computer stuff on my own. i tried, but i failed -modifying the path accordingly-...

so can you or anyone else give me further instruction, please?

thanks,
                              henneman
                              • Open Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer)
                              • Find the file you downloaded (should be named "CvInfoScreen.py").
                              • Right-Click directly on the "CvInfoScreen.py" file and a pop-up menu should appear.
                              • Click "Copy" on the pop-up menu. Do not click any other option even if it has "copy" as a part of the option name.
                              • Navigate to My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\screens
                              • Right-click in the empty white area on the right-hand side of the window and a pop-up menu should appear.
                              • Click "Paste" on the pop-up menu. Again, do not click on any other option even if it has "Paste" as part of the option name.

If ANY of those steps don't go according to plan e-mail me and we'll set up a time when I can PM you through it.

Tom P.

Comment

You don't have to 'modify' anything, you just have to find your documents folder and then follow the path described

Edit: padillah was faster
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X