[Mod] A proper score graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vovan
    maybe I was wrong in the above bug report...
    Oh good, cause I couldn't find anything wrong.

Originally posted by vovan
    but still in the above save, it looks to me like the graph and the demographics table are somewhat inconsistent.
    I haven't really looked at the actual data, I've just taken what was there before and made it look nicer. So, I'm not sure how the GNP in the graph relates to the one in the table.

Comment

This looks awesome. I'll d/l this when I get home from work. My only reason for replying is to question you about this:

I spent about 4 hours total on this (including the time to learn python)
      Do you have a deep programming background, or just some really good resources available? I can't say I've ever really tried learning Python, but if you actually managed to do this in a few hours, I might just slug it out and play script-kiddy for a while until I figure it out.

Comment

I do have a pretty deep programming background, so the learning Python part was mainly figuring out the syntax (I kept forgetting those colons). Also I didn't need any advanced features (OO, list comprehensions, ...) for the score graph.

Comment

I've uploaded the latest version (1.6) of the mod to the Apolyon Directory. I'll continue to post updates here, of course.

Comment

ulfn, is it possible that your mod messes up the tech screen? I played a game with your mod last night, opened the stat screen to see how it looked early in the game and then again 20 or so techs later. All those techs I researched inbetween weren't marked (colored). After the second time I opened the stat screen, researched techs from that point were marked again.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I can't imagine how... I'll see if I can reproduce the problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                ulfn, is it possible that your mod messes up the tech screen? I played a game with your mod last night, opened the stat screen to see how it looked early in the game and then again 20 or so techs later. All those techs I researched inbetween weren't marked (colored). After the second time I opened the stat screen, researched techs from that point were marked again.
                That's a bug I've been having since 1.9, with no mods at all.

Comment

Ah, ok, I'll try playing a game without the score graph addition for checking. Thanks for the info.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Just wanted to thank you for this mod, its so much easier to read these graphs (:

Comment

I updated the game, and installed the mod... looks great

I can't believe they didn't ship the game with a proper score graph
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

thx a lot! best mod together with advisor mod! cool....
                        can you implement a demographic line for technology comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by BaalRoGX
                          can you implement a demographic line for technology comparison?
                          Not easily. The problem is that the technology history isn't readily available (that I know).

Comment

All works fine now. Pretty content with the contend of the mod.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

The guy at Firaxis who made the original score graph should comit seppuko.

I am hopefull that tec graphs (and other cool graphs) can be created in the future, even if we must add some kind of python script that will record the information for it to even be avalible for a graph.
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I had forgotten years ago the main treat of Civ 1, the graph, so now I have to thank you for returning the joy of following the progress of a peaceful playing where virtually nothing happens.

This mod is something that should have never been needed, but alas, Firaxis screwed up Civ 3 & 4 graphs. And someone has really earned a bullet in the head for inventing the most hardest-to-read graphical presentation of data!

BTW, if the amount of techs known could be derived from amount of score given based on the techs, then there could be somekind of technological history, at least in terms how many techs did a civ know at certain point.

Or maybe there is even more simple way to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X