No announcement yet.

[Mod] A proper score graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to install this one, it looks very mature by now.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Thanks for helping out with installation instructions guys (saved me the trouble).

Comment

Originally posted by ulfn
        Thanks for helping out with installation instructions guys (saved me the trouble).
        I used to work an end-user helpdesk... I've got this covered.

Tom P.

Comment

Comment

@ all: thanks for the fast help!
            @ padillah: you´ve got a pm.

henneman

Comment

i've got to join the voices of praise!
              it's absolutely great!!!

and now that demographics isn't so squashed, there could be some improvement there too. can anybody think of some more columns to fit in? for instance "best oponent"?
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I have to say too: great mod. I love it!
                Originally posted by sabrewolf
                and now that demographics isn't so squashed, there could be some improvement there too. can anybody think of some more columns to fit in? for instance "best oponent"?
                I agree, having a column that lists the no 1 civ for each of the categories (like the demographics screen did in Civ II) would be the way to go.

Comment

Perhaps next you should add additional parameters to graph. I would like to see some listing of who is in the lead tecnologicaly, territorily and perhaps religiosly as well.
                  Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I agree that these would be nice graphs to have. A problem is that I'm not sure that this information is even available. It is possible to add things to the save game files, but that would be a much more invasive procedure than what I do at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                      Perhaps next you should add additional parameters to graph. I would like to see some listing of who is in the lead tecnologicaly, territorily and perhaps religiosly as well.
                      How would you classify the "lead technologically"? Sheer number of beakers discovered? Number of techs discovered?

I would think a mean would be best: (num of beakers) / (num of techs)

For those that beeline (and I've seen some deep beelines. CS is a common beeline, and I've seen deeper) the number of beakers or number of techs may be misleading.

Just thowing it out there in case it does get some attention.

Tom P.

Comment

I'm pretty sure currently the game only grants you score points for technology based on completed techs.

In any case, the game doesn't handle tech beelining correctly in terms of the score additions.. if you beeline your score will be lower than it should be because once you go back and fill in the blanks your score goes up faster than normal.

'normal' is determined by compairing to the AI's research once the techs researched even out.
                        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

ulfn,

I think there might possibly be a bug in the mod... I think when you lead all other nations in commerce (GNP), the rival best column shows your value, as opposed to the actual rival best. In the game I am playing now, the graph seems to clearly show I am well ahead of all rivals in GNP, but still, the demographics page says rival best is the same as mine (this is especially suspicious, because my GNP just jumped due to some improvements this turn, and the rival best matched). See attached save for the example.
                          Attached Files
                          XBox Live: VovanSim
                          xbox.com (login required)
                          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                          Spore page

Comment

The amount of points added by the construction of an improvement, as well as its increase in the power rating, is explicitly an editable variable in the Buildings XML.
                            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

ulfn, maybe I was wrong in the above bug report... It would appear now that the my GNP is significantly higher than best rival, so it looks like it is not the case that your own value is consider among rivals, but still in the above save, it looks to me like the graph and the demographics table are somewhat inconsistent.

Also, I read in the CFC thread someone suggested adding another column to say who is the rival with the best and worst value. I think instead of cluttering the view with two more columns, it would be great if you could get a little tooltip to show when you are mousing over the rival best / worst values and say who is that particular rival.

Also, I just wanted to say again that I love this mod! I used to very rarely check the F9 screen, and now I go back to look at the graph like every couple turns or so. The F9 button is definitely getting more workout now.
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

This mod rocks. I'd like to add it into my own if that's OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X