No announcement yet.

[Utility] Atlas Map Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't work, at all. When I click on "Atlas Map Generator" (from either the start menu or explorer) a window pops up called "Atlas Log Window" for a few seconds then disapears - after that nothing happens - ie: it refuses to run.

FYI I'm running Windows XP on a good quality Mid- High range Notebook (Laptop) - I rarely have any probs with it - even cIV runs Ok on it.
    Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you

Comment

Sounds like the Java runtime to me but I'm sure Junnux will know better.

Tom P.

Comment

@Era Vulgaris:
        Could you try running it from a Command Prompt? That will probably give an error message that can give me a clue. This is what to do:

Open a command prompt (Start>Programs>Accesoiries>Command Prompt)

Go to the directory where you installed Atlas (default C:\Program Files\Atlas v0.43)

type 'start'.

Some message should appear. If you post that message here, I might be able to help.

Check out my Atlas Map Generator

Generate, preview and play Civ IV maps of any size with the alternative Map Generator

Comment

I just downloaded it and played around a bit making a cuple of maps. Good work.

On all of them there were whales swimming around in costal water, and on one of them there were crabs in fresh water.

Another thing I notced was that the graphics was somwhat off. Rivers would often flow from the sea and inland, hils would be half submerged with waves leaping up their green sides, with no beach. I don't know if this is a bug in the map generator or in Civ4.
          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Originally posted by Junuxx
            @Era Vulgaris:
            Could you try running it from a Command Prompt? That will probably give an error message that can give me a clue. This is what to do:

Open a command prompt (Start>Programs>Accesoiries>Command Prompt)

Go to the directory where you installed Atlas (default C:\Program Files\Atlas v0.43)

type 'start'.

Some message should appear. If you post that message here, I might be able to help.
            Don't worry about it. I just updated Java & it works fine now. I guess I shoulda read the Readme first!
            Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you

Comment

Working...
            X