• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Era Vulgaris
    replied
    Originally posted by Junuxx
    @Era Vulgaris:
    Could you try running it from a Command Prompt? That will probably give an error message that can give me a clue. This is what to do:

Open a command prompt (Start>Programs>Accesoiries>Command Prompt)

Go to the directory where you installed Atlas (default C:\Program Files\Atlas v0.43)

type 'start'.

Some message should appear. If you post that message here, I might be able to help.
    Don't worry about it. I just updated Java & it works fine now. I guess I shoulda read the Readme first!

Leave a comment:

• Martin the Dane
    replied
    I just downloaded it and played around a bit making a cuple of maps. Good work.

On all of them there were whales swimming around in costal water, and on one of them there were crabs in fresh water.

Another thing I notced was that the graphics was somwhat off. Rivers would often flow from the sea and inland, hils would be half submerged with waves leaping up their green sides, with no beach. I don't know if this is a bug in the map generator or in Civ4.

Leave a comment:

• Junuxx
    replied
    @Era Vulgaris:
    Could you try running it from a Command Prompt? That will probably give an error message that can give me a clue. This is what to do:

Open a command prompt (Start>Programs>Accesoiries>Command Prompt)

Go to the directory where you installed Atlas (default C:\Program Files\Atlas v0.43)

type 'start'.

Some message should appear. If you post that message here, I might be able to help.

Leave a comment:

• padillah
    replied
    Sounds like the Java runtime to me but I'm sure Junnux will know better.

Tom P.

Leave a comment:

• Era Vulgaris
    replied
    It doesn't work, at all. When I click on "Atlas Map Generator" (from either the start menu or explorer) a window pops up called "Atlas Log Window" for a few seconds then disapears - after that nothing happens - ie: it refuses to run.

FYI I'm running Windows XP on a good quality Mid- High range Notebook (Laptop) - I rarely have any probs with it - even cIV runs Ok on it.

Leave a comment:

• padillah
    replied
    Originally posted by Era Vulgaris
    It does NOT work.
    WHAT does not work? WorldPainter? Atlas? Resources in Atlas? Rivers in Atlas? Resources in WP?

WHAT?

Tom P.

Leave a comment:

• Era Vulgaris
    replied
    It does NOT work.

Leave a comment:

• padillah
    replied
    Arrrrgh!! I got resourses working in WP(well, I might add). But I left the thumbdrive AT WORK!!!

Unless I go get it (I work 45 min. from my house) I won't be able to upload the most recent version of WorldPainter.

Crap.

Tom P.

Leave a comment:

• skodkim
    replied
    Looks very exciting - I'll give it a go!

\Skodkim

Leave a comment:

• padillah
    replied
    I think it's great. Atlas has been my benchmark from the beginning. I've been looking to each version as sort of my own "to-do" list. If it's in Atlas then I want to add it to WP.

But that means I have a lot of catching up to do.

Tom P.
    Last edited by padillah; February 3, 2006, 13:01.

Leave a comment:

• Junuxx
    replied
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
    By the way, have you seen the latest Atlas version? What do you think of it?

Junuxx

Leave a comment:

• padillah
    replied

By the way, I have also started completely redesigning the program because I am more and more often getting constrained by the interface and design decisions I made long ago. Now I now why all those programming books stress the importance of the conceptual design stage so much

@padillah:
    If you're stuck with something, feel free to send me an email, I might be able to help.
    Not so much "stuck" as unable to make the headway I want.

I'm stuck behind design decisions as well - but I knew I was going to have them when I made the design. My first real boss really drove home the datamodel /design phase when I was first starting out and it has stuck with me ever since.

I was writting a program to track the CD's I have and when I loan them to people (I have over 1500 so I NEED a program for this)... but I got hung-up datamodeling albums and artists and songs and so much more... and it's all his fault!

Now I can't write anything without a design first. This is the part that bugs me is I can't really hash out some of the decisions because I'm the only one working on it.

Well, I've got the load working - you can not only save a map from WP but load one in and edit it as well.

I've got resources but they are just willy nilly over the map. I've also got a much better way to generate the land. I've got some tweaking to do and some data-lookups for the resouces and I'll release.

Another week or two, depending on work.

Tom P.

Leave a comment:

• Junuxx
    replied
    @Firewalkswithme:
    Was in a bit of a hurry when writing that last answer... went to a Reel Big Fish gig last night :thumbsup:

Anyway, the new river model I am working on gives much better results, with nicer rivers and more inland lakes. I am still trying to think of a good method to check for pangaea-ness and noncircumnavigability (what a word :| ). Check for it or prevent it, either would be an improvement, but it's harder than it looks.

By the way, I have also started completely redesigning the program because I am more and more often getting constrained by the interface and design decisions I made long ago. Now I know why all those programming books stress the importance of the conceptual design stage so much

@padillah:
    If you're stuck with something, feel free to send me an email, I might be able to help.
    Last edited by Junuxx; February 2, 2006, 22:36.

Leave a comment:

• FireWalkWithMe
    replied
    Random seed came with the 1.52 patch. If checked, you get different battle outcomes and such after reloading a game. Many consider it cheating, so it is off by default.
    Thank you kindly for response.

Leave a comment:

• Junuxx
    replied
    Random seed came with the 1.52 patch. If checked, you get different battle outcomes and such after reloading a game. Many consider it cheating, so it is off by default.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X