Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MOD] Age Of Discovery 1492-1792

Age Of Discovery Scenario for Civ4:

The date is 1492 and Spanish explorer Christopher Columbus has just discovered Cuba. The Hundred Years war between England and France has been over for a few years now, and the only English presence on the mainland is Calais. The War of the Roses is over in England, with the Tudor line now on the throne. Portugal has explored down the African west coast, and Genoa is the major trading port in Western Europe. The Arabs have conquored most of North Africa, except for Morocco. Burgandy has broken apart and their lands taken by Saxony, France and the Duchy of Holland.

Europe is on the brink of social, economic and religious reform as it leaves the Middle Ages and enters the Renaisance. Scientists are making major discoveries in all fields and the people are feeling the effects of new social freedoms with the end of serfdom. History is yours for the making.

Play as one of the major nations of the era, colonizing the New World, expanding your trade Empire, and using your new found wealth to teach your enemies in Europe a lesson. Can you re-write history in your favour?

Map: Western Europe + North Africa + Eastern/Central North America + Carribean. [Size: 108*81]
    Coloniser nations: England, Holland, France, Spain, Portugal
    Minor nations: Scotland, Saxony, Genoa, Ottomans, Aztec, Maya, Natives

Age of Discovery: v1.0 - 27/08/2006

The Age of Discovery scenario has been attached to this post. This release finalises the AoD scenario. There will be no further work to this scenario done.

PLEASE DELETE THE "Age of Discovery" FOLDER FROM YOUR MODS FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING! All comments and suggestions are welcomed, and any bugs need to be reported so that they can be elliminated for future releases.

I hope you have fun with this scenario.

Install instructions:

1. Download the zip file here: http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?si...s=5873&cat=351
    2. Unzip to the root of your "Sid Meiers Civilization 4" directory. Files will be placed in the correct locations. (The AoD scenario folder will be created within the "Mods" folder and the map placed in the "Public Maps" folder).
    3. Start Civ4 and select Single Player and Play a Scenario.
    4. Select the Age of Discovery scenario and allow Civ4 to restart to load the settings.
    5. Choose your leader etc, and off you go.

Version History:

v1.0 - 27/08/2006

- Civics: Turn off "No non-state religion spread" for Theocracy
    - Religion: Add Catholic back in
    - Religion: Eliminate Protestant religion (all non-Catholic European religions are protestant)
    - Religion: Slow Catholic / Muslim / Pagan spread and increase dramatically other religions
    - Texts: Completed
    - Map: Fish added across map
    - Map: Catholic added to all European cities as required
    - Map: Eliminate Muslim / Catholic / Pagan Holy Cities

Beta3 - 02/01/2006

- Buildings: Check all buildings
    - Civics: move Free Market to macro-economics
    - Civics: look at other placements
    - Units: Bombard/cannon fixup
    - Units: Delete unique units
    - Units: Names for Indian units
    - Concepts: check all correct
    - Civs: Leaderheads & flags
    - Civs: add North American Indians
    - Civs: start techs for Indians
    - Civs: making Indians hate the Europeans
    - DoM: typo
    - Religion: speed up spreading
    - Religion: change christianity to pagan religion
    - Religion: graphics

Beta2 - 08/12/2005

- Texts in other languages
    - Arab leader: Sulyman?
    - Explored squares in New World
    - City diversity: pop size, units
    - Cordoba --> Sevilla, Vigo --> Santiago
    - Scoring victory condition?
    - City lists (Major civs)
    - Scottish spelling
    - Barb gunpowder units removed
    - City food shortages
    - Dawn of Man text
    - European gold/silver to go
    - Macemen --> Men at Arms
    - Arquebusier cost/balance
    - Starting civics
    - Tech tree: more cross pre-reqs
    - General unit tweaking
    - Consolidate text xml files
    - AI helper
    - Spain/Portugal settler-explorer on land

Beta1 - 29/11/2005

Beta1 only has the techs, units, religions, buildings and some texts in at this point. However it's completely playable.

Dale
    Last edited by Dale; August 27, 2006, 07:00.

Screenshots:

Northern Europe:
    Attached Files

Comment

Southern Europe:
      Attached Files

Comment

England:
        Attached Files

Comment

looking good
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

One problem by 1520 almost the the entire north african coast was conquered by the Ottoman empire. During the same period they also were very close to Vienna. For a realistic mod the Ottoman empire should be in. With perhaps a scientific edge and a large millitairy.
            F 14 tomcat fanatic

Comment

I propose you start the mod a little bit earlier. in 1419 Europe is in turmoil. The wars of English and the french are a nice prelude for this.

Look at Europa Universalis community called AGCEEP. Alternative Grand Campaign Enchanced Events project

gives all teh events for the era you might want

Comment

Wow very nice map. Could you release a version that starts 4000bc?

Comment

Gramphos:

Thanks mate.

Tomcat:

Ottoman's are in, as represented by the "Arab" nation. Plus, the map only goes east as far as Genoa/Bremen, so no Austria.

Userqwerty:

I've played EU2, and it's a fantastic era. However my goal of this mod is to simulate the Age of Discovery from 1492-1792. So the start is at the end of European turmoil and the unity of Spain, and the end is right at the onset of Napolean and the Age of Revolutions. I might consider a 100 years war scenario later.

Dale

Comment

Well the Ottomans werent arab at all. The Ottoman empire was more of a multicultrual empire. I suggest that they should be renamed Ottoman or make a event when the north african coast is conquered by the Ottomans.
                    They should also pose a threat against Europe. So that the countries bordering the Ottoman empire should also watch theire backs against Ottoman attack. They almost conquered Vienna and im sure that if they conquered Vienna they would have pushed on through germany and perhaps conquer europe entirely.
                    F 14 tomcat fanatic

Comment

Tomcat, the Ottomans/Arabs are not a player of note in this scenario since it only covers western Europe an Africa, they're a minor civ: they basically only have cities, you can't have diplomacy with them or anything. So whether they're called Arabs or Turks is purely a matter of semantics (and in terms of culture, the cities in Africa are Arab, even under Ottoman rule).

I'm sure there will be many scenarios with Ottomans in them in the years to come (I would encourage you to make your own!), but Dale's focus is on the exploration and colonisation of the New World, the Ottomans never played any kind of meaningful role in that.
                      Last edited by Locutus; October 30, 2005, 05:43.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Pardon me for being dense. I would like to download this Age of Discovery mod. How do I do it? I don't see a link. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

Its "coming soon" as it says in the opening post.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Looks exciting. Can't wait to try it out. Anything we can do to help?

Comment

I would suggest that Cadiz and Cordoba be changed to Muslim with Muslim religious buildings and the Christian religion and buildings removed. They were only conquered by Spain about 10 minutes before the start of the scenario, so you should have to expend missionaries to convert them. You may even want to put them in resistance and have high levels of Arab culture and population in the area.

Comment

Working...
                              X