Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale - Did you get a chance to look at the code that I sent you regarding the sorting of the trade route window?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
      Did you know that when you build a dry dock and a shipyard that each of them is supposed to add another two fish to the sea squares (which, including a standard dock, should be +6) but it doesn't! It just sticks to the initial +2 from the dock.
      I thought the same thing the first few times I played. However what it's actually doing is each building is replacing the previous, so the previous building isn't there anymore. Thus each building is giving the +2 to fish.
      "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

• Actually, I'm wondering that drydocks and shipyards might not decrease the number of fish again - they're scared away or die because of all the shipbuilding...might be an interesting game balance issue.

Dale/Snoopy, is there a way to require that you must be inland (no sea squares) in order to be able to build something? It's for an idea I have.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• Not that I know. That would require a new XML tag, though it's not particularly difficult to add that functionality I don't imagine.

Yes, the Dock/drydock/shipyard all give a total of +2 food (not cumulative).
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I was thinking (because some people think that building limitless wagon trains is a problem) that you could limit them to only being built in inland colonies. I don't know how may even build inland colonies in this game - it sounds like they only build about four colonies which one would presume are mainly coastal for convenience so that might be a good way to encourage inland colonies.

Another way I thought of limiting wagon trains might be to have a warehouse as a pre-requisite. Furthermore, this means that when you build an extended warehouse, replacing the original warehouse, that you can no longer build wagon trains at that point I would presume.
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Durnil
              Dale - Did you get a chance to look at the code that I sent you regarding the sorting of the trade route window?
              Yeah I did and I emailed back.

Comment

• I think the mapscript is missing some of the improvements they did to CIV. For example, I distictly recall that the randomizer wasn't working and the same map would come up all the time. That's happening here in Col. They fixed it at some point in BtS. Also, it begs the question what else might have been enhancements in CIV that should be ported over here as well.

Comment

• Hi,

Nice job with this patchmod, guys. It definitely improves the game.

But I encountered one possible bug. In the unpatched game, citizens will pick up weapons that are stockpiled if the city is attacked. In my latest game, with patchmod 1.06b, they don't. The Sioux just pillage my city without meeting any resistance, although I have guns in that city. (If I make one of the citizens a soldier prior to ending my turn, they don't destroy that city.)

I'm guessing this might be a result of your fix that units cannot be made a soldier and attack on the same turn?

Comment

• Wagon trains should have transport size and berth size = 2. Otherwise you can effectively double a ship's capacity. This is an exploit.

Comment

• Oooh, good point R_G!! I didn't even know you could put wagon trains on a ship ... never tried I guess That's an easy XML correction.

Comment

• Is colonies razed by one undefended indian WAD?

On the original you got looted of goods / gold, buildings destroyed and less pop but in 1 pop increments.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• In Col2, indians are just like any other civ - so yes, it is WAD.

Comment

• Is it possible to have them work like barbs in that respect?
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Not at the moment - they're not barbs. That's one thing i've thought about adding, but it's a bit low on the priority list right now (barb-indians in addition to the civilized indians).

Comment

• So that behaiviour is hardcoded to barbs?

I was thinking, if it could be possibe to add a unit with that behaviour, that would also be a good idea, and make it buildable by regular indians and have hidden nationality.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X