This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF is founding fathers, right?
    No, not Pirates, random nations, like Australia, Spain, England...

In my most recent game as Portugal, 3 nations settled right beside me! the 2 others didn't settle at all (Spain and Pirates)!
    Last edited by Bearhugger; March 17, 2009, 10:51.
    "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

• I'm looking at two maps. Ozzie's and America Modified.

I'm thinking the Russians really don't fit Ozzies, but could hit AM. The russians would better fit a map with a decent Alaska attached.

Which map does anyone prefer to use with AoDII?
      Flash
      Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
      the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

• Bearhugger,

This is an old issue. I had to fix it by assigning starting cities to each civ. and I had to add caravel and a citizen to said city.
        Flash

Comment

• Could you upload that? I don't know how to fix it myself...
          "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

• Sure, I'll try to get my mod map of Ozzie's. (When I get it redone today.) I put the English in the first slot.
            Flash

Comment

• How can one edit maps?
              Using World Builder and then save the changes somehow?

Ok, did that, it works. But how can I play the changed map as a scenario?? (It only shows as "world builder save")
              Last edited by Bearhugger; March 17, 2009, 16:30.
              "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

• You have to do two things. You make changes in the worldbuilder and make changes of the *.worldbuildersave in wordpad.
                Flash

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
                  You have to do two things. You make changes in the worldbuilder and make changes of the *.worldbuildersave in wordpad.
                  What changes in wordpad exactly??
                  "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

• Dale,

How do you set a map so that the civs stay in their historical locations on the America and America modified locations. Once that is done I can rearrange or rename native cities somewhat. I don't mind the resources staying random.

Bearhugger,
                    I'll answer your question in more detail later, but it is suffice to say, it gives you precise control over your map.
                    Flash

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm glad you're enjoying AoD2, but I've had to make a decision regarding which forum to support. Due to the amount of support given to its members at CivFanatics, AoD2 will now be supported only over there.

So please join me in the AoD2 forums at CFC for more fun.

Thanks
                      Dale

Comment

• I have acquired a... er, "modified" copy of C4C and I don't see any mods folder at all. Under the C4C directory I can see Assets, Civ4gamecoreDLL, miles, public maps, resource, and shaders but nothing else. All of these sub directories have their own sub directories but none of them are named anything like mods so where should I unpack this mod?
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Fantastic mod. Gave it a good workout a couple months ago with 28 colonies. Forgive the delay in posting.

Specifically, I tested the automated import/export features extensively. The advisor is a good idea for this, but the three possibilities -- create, edit, delete -- had mixed results.

Create: the advisor is perfect for this with a large number of colonies. It reduces the number of routes to choose from. This option worked great.

Edit/delete: The advisor was buggy/funky making a person wonder about "line-iteming" these options. The importance of the advisor for this is in question. In game play, just mouse over a colony, edit and keep playing. The tricky part is in deletion. Don't think either the advisor or colony is more advantageous than the other. But what would be helpful is to have existing import/export routes listed in a humanly recognizable order. A person might never even bother deleting old routes if this were the case.

Comment

• Forgive me for a somewhat noobish question here, but are there many people playing AOD2 multiplayer?

I got Civ4 Colonization when it came out, but the game mechanics were so broken (buy a cannon, kill your neighbor, rinse, repeat) that I stopped playing.

Comment

• MOD Age of Discovery II

cool i check it out the mod i use only has an extra 50 units

Comment

• need help finding pirate mod

Hello, i wiped my computer and started out fresh a long time ago but just re-installed Colonization, and i really loved playing the pirate Mod as the Pirates can someone help me find where to download the mod ? i don't remember where to go to get this Mod. thanks for your help
                                "great liars are great magicians"
                                "i came. i saw. i conquered."
                                "speak softly and carry a big stick"

Comment

Working...
                                X