X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see WT's more as supply trains, which were Govt sanctioned (and usually had Govt soldiers). Whereas ships were the general domain of freemen.

Comment

• OK thanks, happy there is a reason behind this.
      Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

• Dale, it appears Portugese traits are not displayed correctly.

Comment

• Dale,

One more bug.

The moment you discover pacific, both atlantic and pacific buttons lead to pacific.

Dale, if there is a quick fix on this one, plz let me know how to do it, as this has made the game unplayable.

Thanks a lot!
          Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; January 12, 2009, 15:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
            The moment you discover pacific, both atlantic and pacific buttons lead to pacific.
            Is that in the 1.06 "Release"? It never happened to me with the 1.06 Beta.
            "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

• Europe screen fix for 1.06 release attached. Put in \Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\Python\Screens\ over writting the existing file.

Now back to hospital.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hermann: European screen is updated! Dale took into account all your comments!

You had to see my face when my ships would return only in the Pacific ocean till to find out what was happening! >.<

Dale: LoL man!

Thank you very much!
                Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; January 13, 2009, 04:29.

Comment

• Dale this was my complete 'to do' changelog from testing 1.06, I'll PM it again on civ fanatics

-------------
                  Dale,
                  Based on some of the feedback coming in as before, and from the version I have been testing (1.06) I have made the following suggestions, (which I have since changed in my version). Not sure if you have made any changes to 1.06 build yet yourself, but if need me to archive and upload a version or even any individual XML files I will.

GENERAL
                  - Added missing short text keys for Explorer (Xpl), Exporter (Xpo), and Seafarer (Sea) traits
                  - Added option to purchase a Free Colonist in Europe for 750 gold
                  - Veteran soldiers now have +25% settlement str (attack & defense)
                  - Portugal's national trait is now -50% horses required for scouts, plus the Explorer II promotions to mounted units, plus -50% horse requirement for buildings
                  - Stockade/Fort/Fortress buildings upped in base hammer costs by a 1/3, Stockade 30 hammers to 40 hammers, Fort from 90 hammers +50 tools, to 120 hammers +50 tools, and Fortress from 270 hammers +100 tools, to 360 hammers +100 tools
                  - Added a +25% overall horses yield with a Stables, and a +50% overall horses yield with a Ranch
                  - Increased the Canister Shot I, II, & III promotions to add 5% more benefit to each of the first levels, with another +5% bonus with a general, giving new values of Canister Shot I (+10% vs Gunpowder units), II (+15% vs Gunpowder units), & III (+25% vs Gunpowder units, requires General)
                  - Changed the Minuteman III benefit from +10% str vs. Melee to +10% str vs. Gunpowder units
                  - Added +10% attack str vs. settlement to the Looter promotion
                  - Doubled the base gold (average +5 to average +10) recouped from pillaging the farm/lodge/mine improvements
                  FATHERS
                  - Pedro Alvarez Cabral switched positions in the Exploration FF tree with Jacques Marquette
                  - Washington Irving moved forwards to be the 3rd father in the Political FF tree
                  - Sor Juana switched positions with Thomas Hooker in the Religion FF tree
                  - Ethan Allen now gives additional +2 Cannons, plus the ranger I & mountaineer I promotions for gunpowder units
                  - William Penn now gives +1 cross per Town Hall, free church all settlements
                  - Sor Juana now gives +2 crosses/church, +4 crosses/Cathedral
                  - Washington Irving now gives +25% education in all settlements
                  - Alexander von Humboldt now gives +50% production of colleges & universities, plus +25% education in all settlements
                  - Peter Minuit now gives -50% price of Indian lands
                  - Pocahontas now gives +2 Indian relations, +1 convert (no longer gives -10% price of Indian lands)
                  - Chief Powhatan now gives -20% price of Indian lands, as well as +50% Indian convert str, and +1 movement converts
                  - Hernando de Soto now gives +100% production of Stables and Ranch, +1 Rancher
                  - Ben Franklin now gives +1 Frigate instead of +1 Galleon (as well as +4 soldiers, +4 cannons, +1 ship of the line)
                  - William Brewster now gives +25% production of churches and cathedrals, and -10% crosses required for immigration
                  -------------

Good luck in the hospital!

Comment

• Excellent, I like all proposed changes.

I am not in hopsital any more!!!

Comment

• Congratulations on escaping the hospital. The nurses were probably tired of you.

Dale: unfortunately the new Europe screen breaks Tortuga. Nobody appears on the dock, and--better still--ships in the harbor are invisible and cannot be touched (so they stay there forever as ghost ships).

Comment

• Mmmm...nurses. Actually one of them was cute. Wish she could give me a special treatment!

Ah, I had the same problem. It's because you tried to load v1.06beta with v1.06...

You got to start a new game. Try Jose...

Comment

• I'm retrying this game after being so massively let down at release. Yet no patch, Firaxis is really becoming a ****ty company in regards of supporting their game. Paradox would have released at least 2 or 3 patches which improved the game massively by now... But I decideded to try out AoD2, and liked that there are more ways to win. My question is, are there any wiki or something where I can get some strategies on how to win? Military is not an option, I suck at war.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
                            Ah, I had the same problem. It's because you tried to load v1.06beta with v1.06...

You got to start a new game. Try Jose...
                            OIC

I'm quite a ways into my Pirate game (of which more anon) so I'm reluctant to start a new game right now. I've used Jose a lot though not with the new lineup of Founding Fathers...speaking of which sometimes I wish I could use the new features with the original FF. [Any chance of making LooF an option?]

Nikolai, no Wiki that I know of and AoD II is a bit limited in distribution compared to the original.

So far, I think that the Economic victory simply means go for a full-blown economy with lots of towns pumping out "stuff" and freely boosting your output with Liberty Bells since the size of the REF is irrelevant. The conditions--like any victory conditions--can be exploited, but Dale is considering basing the condition on value of trade rather than sheer quantity of trade.

I found the Industrialization victory hard(er) to do and accidentally won via trade well before reaching the production threshold. However, it's still a matter of building a rip-roaring economy. The basics of that are amply covered in other threads.
                            Last edited by Hermann the Lombard; January 14, 2009, 14:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard View Post
                              OIC

I'm quite a ways into my Pirate game (of which more anon) so I'm reluctant to start a new game right now. I've used Jose a lot though not with the new lineup of Founding Fathers...speaking of which sometimes I wish I could use the new features with the original FF. [Any chance of making LooF an option?]
                              optional XML is not really an option!
                              i might ask - is it a Father's trait you miss or a specific bonus they gave?

Comment

• Well, mostly I miss the vanilla Cabral/Minuit combo.

Your version presents a different set of challenges, of course. I'm stumbling along trying to figure out my best strategies...well, actually I'm just playing and evaluating each FF as he or she becomes available, and some are much more attractive and effective than they used to be. For example, I took the "double the chance of treasures" FF for the first time, as in vanilla that option arose after I had cleaned out whole continents so it was never of use.

Comment

Working...
                                X