X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah flyut and carrack pics were missed. Sorry.

Comment

• Hi Dale.

1.05 Buglet report: I started building a Rum Distillery in a town without tools, then suspended construction to build a Warehouse. Just prior to completion of the Warehouse I delivered the 75 tools to the town. I got "A Rum Distillery in Fort Orange is awaiting tools for completion." This was with 18 turns to go on the Distillery, and with the tools available. [Saved game available, I think.]
      "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

• Are pirates not supposed to be able to get dragoons and not be able to build ships other than the pirate ship and pirate barge?
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r
          Are pirates not supposed to be able to get dragoons and not be able to build ships other than the pirate ship and pirate barge?
          That's correct.

Comment

• Doesn't it make them too underpowered? I'm losing barges way too often against caravels, I don't know what I'll be doing against frigates...
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Doesn't it make them too underpowered? I'm losing barges way too often against caravels, I don't know what I'll be doing against frigates...
              Losing ships.

Comment

Doesn't it make them too underpowered? I'm losing barges way too often against caravels, I don't know what I'll be doing against frigates...
                The Pirate Brig is the "trading" vessel of the Pirates. The AI doesn't chase down these ships either (unless you're at full war with that AI). The Pirate Ship is the "war" vessel of the Pirates. It is "AlwaysHostile" true so you can attack other ships without a DoW, and the AI will actively chase those ships down.

The Pirate Brig is ~equivalent to a galleon, whilst a Pirate Ship is ~equivalent to a privateer. So yes, Frigates will hurt if they catch you in the open.

Comment

• Hi Dale.

I have more test results for you, one trivial, one major. The trivial one was the reported achievement of my first trade when I had not yet made a trade. I have saved games shortly before and instantly after.

The major one occurred when I bought a 2nd caravel (as the Spanish in Ozzy's America), loaded up a fisherman and a firebrand, but I can't sail. I click the button but the ship just sits there. I tried saving and loading, no joy. I reloaded before the problem, bought the caravel and loaded it again...it won't sail. I thought briefly that it might be waiting for the first caravel to return ("See, we didn't fall off the edge!") but I waited and still couldn't sail, and also the first caravel was coming back from its second trip. I have a saved game where I can't sail.

Comment

• Ups!
                    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
                      Hi Dale.

I have more test results for you, one trivial, one major. The trivial one was the reported achievement of my first trade when I had not yet made a trade. I have saved games shortly before and instantly after.

The major one occurred when I bought a 2nd caravel (as the Spanish in Ozzy's America), loaded up a fisherman and a firebrand, but I can't sail. I click the button but the ship just sits there. I tried saving and loading, no joy. I reloaded before the problem, bought the caravel and loaded it again...it won't sail. I thought briefly that it might be waiting for the first caravel to return ("See, we didn't fall off the edge!") but I waited and still couldn't sail, and also the first caravel was coming back from its second trip. I have a saved game where I can't sail.
                      If you can upload the save of the stuck caravel, would like to mess with that.

For the trade achievement, are you sure you didn't buy or sell anything from anyone? (other colony, native, etc)

Also, you didn't notice whether a yield gift from a native triggered it off?

Comment

• Here is the updated list of changes from v1.05 - v1.06. This list will be updated as development progresses to release of the new version.

ADDS:
                        - Modified Better BTS AI 0.45
                        - Exporter trait: Free Cargo Hold promotion (naval) (LooF)
                        - Seafarer trait: Free Navigation I promotion (naval) (LooF)
                        - Explorer trait: -50% scout equipment required (LooF)
                        - New promotion: Cargo Holds - +1 cargo bay (LooF)
                        - Added ability to change cargo bays by profession (for Zuul)
                        - Added ability to define a building as single instance (only one allowed for nation) (for Zuul)
                        - Added ability to define obsoleting building classes (for Zuul)
                        - Added Regenerate Map button to main menu popup for first turn of the game (like Civ4)

CHANGES:
                        - Musket price in Europe at game start now 15/13 (note there is still a little randomisation in start price +/-2)
                        - Pirate Ships not as plentiful
                        - Prince Henry Aviz: Seafarer (Thanks Ekmek for LH)
                        - Martim de Sousa: Exporter (Thanks C.Roland for LH)
                        - Portugal: Explorer
                        - Upped Looter promotion from +50% to +100% gold from pillaging (LooF)
                        - Attack crossing river modifier now -20% (was -10%) (LooF)
                        - Attack from ship modifier now -40% (was -25%, is -20% in vanilla, attempt to fix a single and multiplayer exploit of loading loads of cannons on a ship and attacking without chance of counter attack) (LooF)
                        - Added +1 horse to stables, +2 horse to ranch, upped costs (LooF)
                        - Increased gold from capturing enemy colonies up to 20 gold, +20 gold per population (was +10gold per pop) (LooF)
                        - Increased growth of native villages (reduced threshold for growth by 20%, from 100 to 80) (LooF)
                        - Changed all Founding Fathers values and free units (LooF)
                        - Changed all Founding Father traits (LooF)
                        - Increased Europeans by 1 on each world size (standard and higher has all 6 Europeans)
                        - Veteran Soldier +50% colony attack & defense.
                        - New Diplo greet texts for Henry and Sousa (thanks Leonpoi)
                        - New Europe screen looks like a port (sorry Koma)
                        - Amphibious promotion now requires Veteran4 (up from Veteran2) (LooF)
                        - In line with bigger maps and faster immigration, number of game turns for each game speed increased (300/450/900/1200).
                        - Trade ships (caravel, carrack, fluyt, merchantman, galleon, pirate brig) can trade in European colony ports without open border agreement.
                        - Disabled cutscenes

FIXES:
                        - AI will now hurry immigrants on the docks.
                        - Changed text "Reveals all Tiles with [x]" ... to "Reveals all [x]" to increase on screen space [English only] (LooF)
                        - Changed text "2x as likely chance to get Treasure from Ancient ruins" (LooF)
                        - Fixed CTD when clearing specialty within colony screen
                        - AI will now buy a better navy (some more galleons, but many more combat vessels)
                        - Tax rate now set to flat 25% after DoI (fixes bug where tax stayed at pre-DoI rates)
                        Last edited by Dale; January 4, 2009, 01:55.

Comment

• 1. Don't forget to upgrade SoL movement from 4 to 5.

2. Dale, what is LooF? Land of our Fathers?

- Added +1 horse to stables, +2 horse to ranch, upped costs (LooF)
                          Does this mean a stable will produce +1 on its own, or a colonist will produce +1?

- Changed all Founding Fathers values and free units (LooF)
                          - Changed all Founding Father traits (LooF)
                          Could I have some details here please? I think LooF FFs are in general much better, but sometimes overmodded, and sometimes worse.
                          Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; January 1, 2009, 07:57.

Comment

• It's a very long list of FF changes. I'll try to get a compiled list from Jenks.

Yes, LooF == Land of our Fathers.

And....... an update to the Europe screen (sorry Koma).
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Dale,

Please do, because it is unclear to me which are the currently active changes at LooF.

Also do you know, if % increases in LB production, crosses and purchasing indian lands, stack, cummulate, or is it just the highest % which dominates?

To my understanding the highest % only applies. Jenks says all FFs are now useful, but I am not sure, I have a feeling the better % will cancel old %s. Can we clear this out please?

A couple other comments as well, but I am not sure about which are the active current changes.

Comment

• The FF changes as made by Jenks:

EXPLORATION
                                Juan Ponce de Leon (conquistador who discovered Florida searching for fountain of youth ... vanilla gives x2 chance to get treasure from ruins)
                                to x2 chance to get treasure from ruins
                                Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada (wealthy conquistador & explorer who searched for El Dorado ... vanilla gives all burial grounds and ruins visible)
                                to all burial grounds and ruins visible, plus +1 movement for galleons
                                Pedro Alvares Cabral (portuguese discoverer of Brazil in 1500, which Europeans then filled with sugar plantations ... vanilla gives -50% travel time to and from Europe)
                                to +25% sugar production in all settlements, plus +1 Expert Sugar Planter
                                Vaco Nunez de Balboa (first expedition leader to reach and see the pacific ocean ... vanilla gives +25% defense in all settlements)
                                to +1 movement for all scouts
                                Jacques Marquette (french missionary who mapped the mississippi river ... vanilla gives +1 movement scouts)
                                to free promotion (Explorer I) to mounted units, plus +1 Jesuit Missionary
                                John Smith (colony leader, survived capture by Algonquan indians, popular pioneer and explorer ... vanilla gives -50% cost of native lands)
                                to buildings require 25% less Tools, plus +1 Hardy Pioneer
                                Giovanni de Verrazano (explorer, first European to explore the Atlantic coast of North America including New York Harbor ... vanilla gives +1 caravel)
                                to + 1 caravel, plus +1 movement for caravel
                                Juan de Bermudez (navigator, discoverer (and gave name to) Bermuda ... vanilla gives +1 movement to caravel, merchantman, galleon)
                                to -50% travel time to Europe
                                Alexander von Humboldt (explorer/scientist - creator of 'biogeography' ... vanilla gives +50% production of colleges and universities)
                                to +100% production of schoolhouses, colleges, and universities
                                Lewis and Clark (military pioneers and traders exploring across N America, land and sea, to the pacific ... vanilla gives -50% tools for pioneers)
                                to +1 movement wagon trains, +1 movement merchantmen, -10% hammers required for all buildings

RELIGION
                                Bartolome de las Casas (spanish priest and bishop who voiced opposition to indian slavery & torture ... vanilla gives +50% conversion from natives)
                                to +25% conversion rate from missions, +1 relations with natives, one off auto-peace
                                Gabriel Lallemant (jesuit missionary killed by the iroquois, patron saint of canada ... vanilla gives +50% production of church & cathedral)
                                to +1 Jesuit missionary, +25% conversion rate
                                William Brewster (pilgrim leader and pastor at Plymouth .. vanilla gives -25% cost to native lands)
                                to +50% construction of churches & cathedrals
                                Juan de Sepulveda (spanish theologian argued for the right of conquest, colonization and evangelization of America ... vanilla gives +2 converted natives)
                                to +2 Jesuit missionaries, -20% cost of native land
                                Nathanial Hawthorne (puritan noveliston the morals of humankind ... vanilla gives +3 elder statesmen)
                                to +1 hammer per church, +2 hammer per cathedral
                                Gregorio de Mattos e Guerra (brazilian religious poet and satirist ... vanilla gives +2 bells per church, +3 bells per cathedral)
                                to +1 cross per printing press, +2 crosses per newspaper
                                Thomas Hooker (puritan minister of conneticut ... vanilla gives 3 jesuit missionaries)
                                to +1 Firebrand Preacher, plus +50% cross production
                                William Penn (pacifist quaker, champion of democracy and religious freedom, founder of Pennsylvania ... vanilla gives +3 crosses per town hall, plus strengthens relations with natives)
                                to free church in all settlements
                                Sor Juana (catholic nun, poet and scholar ... vanilla gives +3 crosses per church & cathedral)
                                to +1 cross per settlement, +1 crosses per church, +2 crosses per cathedral
                                Roger Williams (English theologian, proponent of religious tolerance, separation of church and state and fair dealings with Natives ... vanilla gives +25% conversion from natives, plus +2 strengthens relations with natives)
                                to +2 bells per church, +4 bells per cathedral, plus strengthens relations with natives
                                John Harvard (clergyman who left half his estate to the first Cambridge schoolmaster ... vanilla gives free schoolhouse per settlement)
                                to +50% education in all settlements, free schoolhouse in all settlements

MILITARY
                                Chief Powhatan (warchief of powhatan indians ... vanilla gives +50% strength for converted natives)
                                to +50% strength for converted natives, and +1 movement for converted natives
                                Francisco Pizarro (conquistador, conqueror of peru and the incan empire ... vanilla gives Free promotion of Looter for Gunpowder Units)
                                to free promotion Looter (melee, gunpowder, mounted, seige units, plus Looter promotion doubled in strength to +100% gold from pillaging)
                                Diego Velazquez de Cuellar (governor of cuba authorised slave import ... vanilla gives Provides 3 indentured servants)
                                to +2 Indentured servants, +1 Veteran soldier
                                Francisco de Coronado (first conquistador to visit the grand canyon ... vanilla gives +1 movement for Dragoons)
                                to free stockade in every colony
                                Hernan Cortes (conquisatdor who overthrew the aztecs ... vanilla gives Free Stockade for each settlement)
                                to +50% great general emergence, +10% str vs indians
                                Paul Chomeday de Maisonneuve (the french officer who fought off the Iroquois invading Montreal ... vanilla gives free promotion (Formation) to Gunpowder units, plus +1 movement converted natives)
                                to +25% defense in all settlements
                                Hernando de Soto (explorer, conquistador, horseman, fighter and military tactician ... vanilla gives free promotion (grenadier I) for gunpowder units)
                                to +1 Master Rancher, +50% production of stables and ranches
                                Marquis de La Fayette (general under washington who managed to organize a retreat at brandywine despite being wounded in battle ... vanilla gives Increases Gun production by the tax rate)
                                to +1 movement for Dragoons, plus free promotion Skirmisher I (mounted units)
                                John Paul Jones (americas first great naval leader ... vanilla gives Provides 1 Frigate)
                                to +1 Frigate, free promotion (Veteran I) for all Naval units
                                Ethan Allen (leader of the green mountain boys, guerilla revolutionaries who took vermont ... vanilla gives Free promotion of Ranger I and Mountaineer I for Gunpowder Units)
                                to Free promotion of Ranger I and Mountaineer I (Gunpowder Units)
                                Dom Pedro I (Brazils first emperor who declared its independance form portugal ... vanilla gives +50% Great General emergence, Free promotion of Veteran I and Minuteman I for Gunpowder and Mounted Units)
                                to +50% Great General emergence, free promotion of Veteran I and Minuteman I for Gunpowder and Mounted Units

TRADE
                                Peter Minuit (trader who bought manhattan for the equivalent of $24 ... vanilla gives -25% purchase cost in Europe)
                                to -60% cost of buying native land
                                Lord Baltimore (settler, governor, proprietor of the Maryland colony - a catholic refuge in the english civil war ... vanilla gives increased cross production by tax rate)
                                to increases cross production by current tax rate, plus +25% construction of churches & cathedrals
                                Jan de Witt (dutch republican, merchant leader, politician ... vanilla gives -50% tools per building)
                                to buildings require 25% less Tools, -10% cost of buying units in Europe
                                John Rolfe (the english tobacco planter who married pocahontas in 1614 ... vanilla gives +25% Tobacco in all settlements)
                                to +25% Tobacco in all settlements, plus +1 Expert Tobacco Planter, plus +1 relations with the natives
                                Alexander Hamilton (industrialist, nationalist, first secretary of the treasury, established import taxes ... vanilla gives +3 hammers per settlement)
                                to +1 hammer per settlement, increases hammer production by current tax rate
                                Eli Whitney (inventor of the cotton gin in 1793, a device which allows seeds to be speedily seperated and re-planted - device also strengthened the countries economic reliance on slavery ... vanilla gives +50% cotton in all settlements)
                                to +25% cotton in all settlements, plus +1 Expert Cotton Planter, plus +2 Indentured servant
                                John Jacob Astor (owner of the american fur company in 1808, multi-millionaire through fur trading ... vanilla gives +50% fur in all settlements)
                                to +25% fur in all settlements, plus +1 Expert Fur Trapper, plus +1 Master Fur Trader
                                Adam Smith (the father of modern economics ... vanilla gives +50% hammers for production of cloth/rum/cigar/coat factories)
                                to +100% hammers for production of cloth/rum/cigar/coat factories
                                Cyrus McCormick (inventors of agricultural machinery including the 'reaper' in 1834, a 19th century tractor ... vanilla gives +1 food on tiles with 2 food, plus +50% sugar in all settlements)
                                to +1 food on tiles with 2 food, +1 food on tiles with 2 sugar, +1 food on tiles with 2 cotton, +1 food on tiles with 2 tobacco

POLITICS
                                Pocahontas (indian native who saved John Smith and later married John Rolfe ... vanilla gives strengthened relations with natives, plus one off auto-peace)
                                to +1 Indian convert, plus +2 strengthens relations with natives, one off auto-peace with the natives, -10% cost of indian land
                                John Winthrop (Puritan leader and governor, respected political figure ... vanilla gives +1 Cross per Town Hall)
                                to gives +1 cross per church, +2 crosses per cathedral
                                Samuel Adams (republican, statesman, politician, writer, political philosopher, brewer, instrumental in garnering support of the colonies for rebellion against Britain ... vanilla gives Increases Liberty Bell production by the tax rate)
                                to increases liberty bell production by tax rate, plus increases gun production by tax rate
                                Thomas Paine (English revolutionary, inventor, and intellectual argued for the rights of man and guaranteed minimum income ... vanilla gives Increases hammer production by the tax rate)
                                to increases liberty bell production by +25%
                                Alexis de Tocqueville (french democratic political thinker and historian ... vanilla gives +50% education in every settlement, +3 Liberty Bells per University)
                                to +1 Liberty Bell per Schoolhouse, +2 Liberty Bells per College, +3 Liberty Bells per University
                                Betsy Ross (seamstress said to have sewn the first American flag incorporating stars representing the first thirteen colonies ... vanilla gives +3 Cloth from Weaver's House, Weaver's Shop, and Textile Mill)
                                to +1 liberty bell, +1 cloth per weaver's house, +2 liberty bell, +2 cloth per Weaver's shop, +3 Liberty bell, +3 cloth per Textile mill
                                Washington Irving (America's first genuine internationally best-selling author ... vanilla gives +1 Liberty Bell per Schoolhouse, +2 Liberty Bells per College, +3 Liberty Bells per University)
                                to +50% education in all settlements
                                James Madison (Father of the Bill of Rights, president and economic revivalist ... vanilla gives +3 Guns per Armory, Magazine, and Arsenal)
                                to +1 liberty bells per printing press, +2 liberty bells per newspaper, -20% cost of purchasing units in Europe
                                John Jay (statesman, revolutionary, diplomat, and key opponent of slavery ... vanilla gives +25% Liberty Bells per settlement)
                                to +1 guns per armory, +2 guns per magazine, +3 guns per arsenal
                                Patrick Henry (influential republican, denunciatiator of corruption in government officials and defender of historic rights ... vanilla gives 3 Liberty Bells per Town Hall)
                                to +2 bells per town hall, +2 bells per printing press, +4 bells per newspaper
                                Ben Franklin (author, political theorist, scientist, inventor, statesman and diplomat who secured the french intervention ... vanilla gives +3 Liberty Bells per Printing Press and Newspaper )
                                to +1 galleon, +1 ship of the line +4 veteran soldiers, +4 cannons

Comment

Working...
                                X