This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys,

This time I've scored industilization victory at 1592. I think industilization and economic win thresholds should go by a factor of 5.

Seems problematic as vanilla early rush.

Could someone please tell me how can I remove the annoying message "XYZ has won an indiustrilization victory" which covers my screen?

Thanks
    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; January 17, 2009, 14:55.
    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

• I was thinking a factor of 2 not 5, sounds like I'm just not as good at it!
      "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

• Ok 2!

Comment

• Hi Dale et al,

I've noticed a bug:

As soon as my treasury goes higher than (about) 3,000, when the next turn processes the AI removes a random amount of money from my treasury, and will do it each turn until it is below the (about) 3,000 mark. This is making it impossible for me to save up for a ship of the line.
          On one turn I had about 20,000 after my Euro sales; j-u-s-t short of the amount needed, clicked next turn and bingo- my treasury went down to 16,000 (approx).

Toby

Comment

• I was just surprised by either a bug or a feature. I was about to attack the Dutch when I noticed an approaching Fluyt so I waited a turn while it sailed in. When my Dragoon attacked I got "Your dragoon has destroyed a Fluyt." Ships defend towns? Merchant ships defend?

Comment

• A bug. Achieving industrial win disables delcaration of independence. Thanks

Comment

• Doesn't *any* win disable other victory conditions? For example, if an AI wins you can no longer declare independence.

[Edit] Just saw Dale's confirmation in another thread.

Comment

• As far as I know it was not supposed to work like that. It seems, it is hardcoded and hard to implement.

So if you like hack and slash, untick the alternative victory conditions.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the maximum allowable number of FF's are?
                    (I got 12 onboard in my last game, but first AoD II game).

Also, does Adam Smith double production output, or half the cost of building the factories? (If the latter, then he is way too far along the tree.)
                    Last edited by moriety; January 25, 2009, 17:30. Reason: One other thing......

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
                      As far as I know it was not supposed to work like that. It seems, it is hardcoded and hard to implement.

So if you like hack and slash, untick the alternative victory conditions.
                      Actually it's logical that if someone hits a victory condition all further victory conditions are stopped. That's the end of the game. The ability to do "one more turn" does not allow for further victories to occur.

So there's no bug.

Comment

• Originally posted by moriety View Post
                        Does anyone know what the maximum allowable number of FF's are?
                        (I got 12 onboard in my last game, but first AoD II game).
                        Umm...I think the maximum number of allowable FFs is the number of FFs in the game.

Comment

• I confirm. In my last game I got them all, but two.

Comment

• My game crashes when I hit end turn - here's the save. I tried going back to the previous turn's save, and it still crashed at the end of the May 1647 turn.

Was enjoying AoD2 very much up until then.

Edit: I suppose I should mention I'm using faireweather map script and blue marble. I'm pretty sure neither of those would cause a problem of this nature.
                            Attached Files
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Blue marble? Hmmm... I thought that wasn't in AoDII.

Comment

• Hi mate,

I've had a couple of crashes- what I'd did to get past them was to delete all native units near to me and delete all European ships (via the world editor).

In one crash I did partial deletes and then re-loads of the game, the crash was being caused by two ships (one Dutch, one Pirate) who were both next to each other and I presume heading for the same square- that fixed the crash, BUT, later on in the same game I've seen two ships from different nationalities ending up in the same tile, but no crash.....

Comment

Working...
                                X