Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is to blame for the mess with IS in Iraq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is to blame for the mess with IS in Iraq?

Discussion thrade for Ben and Giancarlo

As an opener I say:

It is Bush jrs fault, because he toppled a government that had islamist elements within its society under control.
    And all that only because "Saddam tried to kill daddy" and for oil
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

It all started when God destroyed the Tower of Babel and scattered the people, confounding their languages ... before then at least humanity was united together in their attempt to asphyxiate themselves in the upper atmosphere.

Now look at the place, a total mess.

Comment

Didn't it all start with Adam & Eva?

We wouldn't have gotten into this mess if god had chained Adam & Eva to the tree ...
      just like Proteus did with the upright beast, so that the children could have sport with it,
      according to the 13th scroll of the holy scripture of the apes
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bunny7.gif
Views:	9
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	9102978

Banana option...
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

First, I blame the British and French. If they had of paid more attention to ethnic divisions after World War I, they could have done a better job of nation creation where the Middle East would have been more stable. More stability means less chance of an Iran/Iraq war, and less chance of an Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. No invasion of Kuwait no Gulf War in 1991 and then no follow on sanctions and Gulf War in 2003. If that doesn't happen then no ISIS.

If that's not good enough then I blame dinosaurs. If they had of all died under Australia instead of the Middle East and all of that oil was down under, instead of where it currently is, far fewer people would care, and I doubt that a proxy war would be raging in Syria that has the possibility, probably infinitesimal, of leading to a nuclear confrontation between the US and Russia if the US imposes a no fly zone and starts shooting down Russian planes, which leads to Russian antiaircraft units shooting down US planes, which leads to missile attacks from the US Navy and Air Force against the Russian AA sites, which leads to Russian submarines sinking US ships, which leads to the US sinking the Russian carrier, which leads to Russian cruise missile attacks against US bases, which leads to conventional US airstrikes in Russia, which leads to nuclear retaliation at some point.

Comment

i blame dinner.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I blame Egyptians for worshipping Isis...
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
                First, I blame the British and French. If they had of paid more attention to ethnic divisions after World War I, they could have done a better job of nation creation where the Middle East would have been more stable. More stability means less chance of an Iran/Iraq war, and less chance of an Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. No invasion of Kuwait no Gulf War in 1991 and then no follow on sanctions and Gulf War in 2003. If that doesn't happen then no ISIS.

If that's not good enough then I blame dinosaurs. If they had of all died under Australia instead of the Middle East and all of that oil was down under, instead of where it currently is, far fewer people would care, and I doubt that a proxy war would be raging in Syria that has the possibility, probably infinitesimal, of leading to a nuclear confrontation between the US and Russia if the US imposes a no fly zone and starts shooting down Russian planes, which leads to Russian antiaircraft units shooting down US planes, which leads to missile attacks from the US Navy and Air Force against the Russian AA sites, which leads to Russian submarines sinking US ships, which leads to the US sinking the Russian carrier, which leads to Russian cruise missile attacks against US bases, which leads to conventional US airstrikes in Russia, which leads to nuclear retaliation at some point.
                Most oil comes from plant matter, iirc. Blame cyanobacteria.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Stop spoiling our worldwiew, Lori. We would really rather believe that all oil comes from dead dinosaurs.

In fact, we can't figure out why dinosaur bones aren't found in little pools of oil...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I will stay out of this one. I made my point already.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

It's Obama's fault. Or maybe Bill Clinton. But certainly not George W Bush.

Comment

You support a viewpoint that would cause thousands more US soldiers to die for unnecessary reasons. The forces closing in on Mosul are more than adequate. The Iraqi army has dramatically improved in training and in morale.
                        You support a viewpoint that already resulted in the death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          You support a viewpoint that already resulted in the death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens.
                          You are a liar and I already gone over why your point is intrinsically false.

You can't even dispute what I said. You, being the liar you are, should stick to debates about the bible.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I already gone over why your point is intrinsically false.
                            Pulling out completely vs 10k didn't actually save anyone's lives. But it did result in ISIS taking over half of Iraq. And that's lead to genocide and extermination of hundred of thousands of Iraqi citizens.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Pulling out completely vs 10k didn't actually save anyone's lives. But it did result in ISIS taking over half of Iraq. And that's lead to genocide and extermination of hundred of thousands of Iraqi citizens.
                              He is lying again... But all I'm going to say is...

Click image for larger version

Name:	thatsnicedear-meme-generator-thats-.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	9102979

Comment

Working...
                              X