Republicans have a hard on for torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    So if they send me to buy butter, and I kill 5 people, I didn't murder anyone because I was sent to buy butter?
    They didn't murder anyone, but you did. The CIA is under attack, not just individuals.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      I'm pretty sure that if somebody said "yeah, I intentionally killed somebody with little to no provocation, but c'mon! Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer and Adolph Hitler did a lot worse, therefore I'm not a murderer," then you'd call bull****. Yet here you are saying that intentionally inflicting pain on a helpless prisoner doesn't count as "torture" unless what you're doing is as bad as what the Viet Cong did. What the ****.
      There's not only a qualitative difference between someone who shoots someone when he's drunk because he thinks he was cheated at poker and Hitler, but we use different terms to describe each.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        They didn't murder anyone, but you did. The CIA is under attack, not just individuals.
        Right, which is why I called what they did torture, and not murder.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          An expert being somebody who has inflicted pain instead of somebody who has had pain inflicted on them? Time to resurrect Torquemada
          He might be an expert in receiving torture, but has hr ever actually used enhanced interrogation tactics?

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
            Right, which is why I called what they did torture, and not murder.
            Well if you want people to believe they took blow torches to people go ahead.

Comment

If I had a choice, I'd rather be tortured by Americans.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

i hope you get to make that choice one day.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

i hope you get to make that choice one day.
                  Can't be worse than the Canadian cop who tossed me in the back of his patrol car.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

a candian cop tossed you off in the back of his patrol car?
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Sure did. I was canvassing for an election and one of the folks called to report a prowler. I showed the cop my official badge which I was wearing, gave him the number of my supervisor, explained everything. I got arrested eating dinner at 10pm at my next door neighbors that I've known for 20 years.

My neighbor (who's a teacher), was trying to explain everything to the cop, but he wasn't interested in listening. I got shoved in the back. They towed my car which was parked in my neighbor's yard. Had to sit in the station until the sergeant came out and apologized to me - I had to get a lift from my friend.

Cost me money to get my car out of the lot when it never should have been impounded in the first place, even though it was parked on private property. All because of one person who called in a false report.

American cops are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                        Basically, everyone hates Ben. All his stories are about how awful people are to him.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah, one has to wonder about him telling the truth... but basically everyone hates Ben.
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                            Basically, everyone hates Ben. All his stories are about how awful people are to him.
                            it's almost as if there's some common element here.

i did like this one though: ben to torture victims "i've had it worse!"

Comment

Yeah, isn't it funny how even in real life everyone hates Ben...
                              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

btw.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Sure did.

Comment

Working...
                                X