Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between ISIS fundies, and American religious-right fundies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    You have no moral authority when it comes to pizza casserole.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

MrFun is teh terrorist cause he eats food
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

**** you coldwizard this **** is delicious:

Comment

What's the difference between ISIS fundies, and American religious-right fundies?

Rule of law.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

ISIL does seem far more fond of summary mass executions but the American Christian fundies do have a disturbing propensity to attempt to deprive minorities of their legal rights and in some cases even want to criminalize their existence (of example how they want to bring back sodomy laws to criminalize being gay). I dare say cultural conservatives were also anti desegregation as well as supporters of antimisegination laws.
            Last edited by Dinner; September 16, 2014, 21:08.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              That looks like chicken and rice with cream of mushroom in it but it does not look like any casserole I have ever seen.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I completely agree with the **** part of your statement. In any case, chicago deep dish casserole is obviously superior.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

...wow. suddenly a whole lot makes way more sense.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

i'm confused
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

we've known for a long time that you're a literal ****** lacking the ability to engage in the slightest degree of critical thinking. But next time you read some dumb article on Facebook that goes "huh, look at all these ways Republicans are just like Hitler!" do us all a favor and DON'T POST IT HERE.
                      A-****ing-men.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm rating 5 stars.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          ISIL does seem far more fond of summary mass executions but the American Christian fundies do have a disturbing propensity to attempt to deprive minorities of their legal rights and in some cases even want to criminalize their existence (of example how they want to bring back sodomy laws to criminalize being gay). I dare say cultural conservatives were also anti desegregation as well as supporters of antimisegination laws.
                          Back in the day they knew how to use a rope and weren't afraid to.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Oh my gosh, they both have ten fingers and toes!

No, they don't.

No, they don't.

The religious right in America has the following priorities:
                            - Defining marriage as between a man and a woman
                            - Teaching intelligent design in schools (not necessarily in public schools)
                            - Banning abortion
                            - School prayer/minute of silence

Contra ISIS:
                            - Destroying priceless cultural relics because they aren't Islamic
                            - Forcing their brand of the Muslim religion on everyone
                            - Forcibly enslaving and marrying women, then raping them
                            - Beheading apostates, homosexuals, and adulterers

I understand if you can't see the difference here; we've known for a long time that you're a literal ****** lacking the ability to engage in the slightest degree of critical thinking. But next time you read some dumb article on Facebook that goes "huh, look at all these ways Republicans are just like Hitler!" do us all a favor and DON'T POST IT HERE.
                            How about how American Christian fundies have helped support mass organized violence against gay people in African countries?
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Oh my gosh, they both have ten fingers and toes!

The religious right in America has the following priorities:
                              - Defining marriage as between a man and a woman
                              - Teaching intelligent design in schools (not necessarily in public schools)
                              - Banning abortion
                              - School prayer/minute of silence
                              And as to these specific points:

defining marriage as being between a man and woman is a bigoted stance against gay people, stating that gay people are less worthy as human beings, along the same lines as how such groups as ISIS and others see gay people as inferior.

Advocating for teaching intelligent design in schools, is anti-science, hence my point on this earlier still stands.

Banning abortion seeks to deny women the right to make their own personal health decisions regarding their body, wanting to legislate male ownership of women's bodies through legislation. Again, other groups such as ISIS seek to degrade women in similar ways through laws.

And as for prayer in schools, like extreme Muslims, right-wing Christian fundies in America want to force everyone in schools to pray, even if it would be against some students' own belief.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Nevertheless you will surely get the difference (between IS(IS) and american fundamentalists very fast if, as a gay in a IS(IS) controlled territory you get to kneel before a hechman and then get your head cut from your body with a dull knife (which is the method of execution used in case of the excuted reporters, as well as the one which can be found in certain other IS(IS) propaganda videos)

American fundamentalists may promise you an eternity in hell for being gay (if you don´t repent before your death) and may want to reeducate gays (and maybe criminalize people for showing gay behavior in public) .... but they wouldn´t get you beheaded for being gay
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X