Ebola outbreak in West Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You're sending a deaf person a video? Really Dinodoc?
    dont they have CC software?

Comment

and...

Comment

the article suggested he could still be a carrier during that time

Comment

but maybe not too...

the sky looks ok to me - still blue

Comment

Ben, how do you think they got ebola samples in the first place? These people know what they are doing.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Ben, how do you think they got ebola samples in the first place? These people know what they are doing.
              You can get ebola samples from the jungle. You don't need to bring someone back to get samples.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

dont they have CC software?
                Most videos and Fox News in particular don't have it. Sending me a video is useless. It's the reason I'm a big Pawn Stars fan because their videos have CC.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Jon Stewart was rather critical of "importing" ebola

Comment

Wow bizarro world. I'm on Jon Stewart's side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Where am I arguing for doctors to avoid going? I am saying they know the risks. I'm arguing for them to stay in the hot zone and maintain a quarantine if they are infected. This is standard operating procedure.
                      You cowardly ass.

Comment

• You cowardly ass.
                        What's cowardly about it? If you're going to fight Ebola, then go fight Ebola. But stay in the Hot Zone till it's finished or you're cleared after the incubation period.

Comment

• You pompous dick, you think you know more about infectious disease than the experts at the most prestigious disease control centre on the planet, and you show exactly the same lack of compassion for the healthworkers fighting to help the sick as you do for everyone else. You're a worm.

Comment

• You pompous dick, you think you know more about infectious disease than the experts at the most prestigious disease control centre on the planet
                            I think doctors should abide by the same damn rules they are trying to establish to save people's lives. That includes following the quarantine and containment protocols. And yes, this is the correct protocol, established by those same damn doctors to stay in the hot zone until cleared.

lack of compassion
                            You're damn straight. I don't give a flying **** about 'compassion'.

for the healthworkers
                            The rules are there for a reason. Break them people get sick and they die. If you can't abide by the rules and you want to fly into the hot zone, do everyone a favor and camp your sorry ass on your couch and stay home.

Lax protocol is why this is the worst ebola outbreak. People not following the quarantine procedures is why this outbreak is uncontrolled and continues to be uncontrolled.

Until this changes, nothing is going to be fixed. Isolation, quarantine and containment is the solution here. Not gallavanting across an ocean.

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                              I think Ben is a victim of media fearmongering in this case.
                              Media fearmongering is quite contagious. We should probably quarantine BK.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                I think doctors should abide by the same damn rules they are trying to establish to save people's lives. That includes following the quarantine and containment protocols. And yes, this is the correct protocol, established by those same damn doctors to stay in the hot zone until cleared.
                                Stop pretending you know a damn thing about infectious disease protocols you fool, you're a poorly qualified high school teacher with pretentions of grandeur, nothing more.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                You're damn straight. I don't give a flying **** about 'compassion'.
                                What a surprise, the 'christian' finally admits he doesn't do compassion.

Comment

Working...
                                X