Palestinian Christians Refuse To Be Pushed Off Their Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    It's like when your dog keeps ****ting on the carpet. You keep rubbing his nose in it and spanking his butt hoping that will get him to stop ****ting on the carpet. The Palestinians are worthless dogs and people need to keep rubbing their noses in ****. They never get it, they probably never will, I'm done even trying to reason with them and think their noses belong rubbed in ****.
    That's not how we house-trained our dog. Perhaps you need to observe that the treatment of the dog is unjustified and that the one shoving the **** in its face is a terrible person.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Didn't the Catholic Church bless "converting" semites?
      It blesses converting everyone.

I'll have to revise the gospels with your advice... If an evil-doer strikes you on the cheek, throw a lead left followed by a straight right and deck the SOB
      Is your argument that Jesus requires pacifism, and that Christians cannot serve in the military?

The USA rebelled...Israel didn't.
      America stripped loyalists of property after the revolution. Again, America did not consider itself bound by the agreements of England.

Your analogy aint logical... The USA, Israel and Britain were honor bound to respect the people already on the land.
      Then why were Loyalists dispossessed?

If the oldest record we have identifies this family as the owners then nobody else matters.
      Again, Israel is not bound to recognize agreements that are older than itself. It can choose to recognize them, but it can also argue that there's a common interest of security. We have in this very thread the argument that this is not Israel's land in the first place, which leans me to side with Israel. If folks are unwilling to recognize Israel's legitimate claim, then it stands to reason that the same people opposing Israel's claim are not doing so because they believe in the private property rights of Palestinians.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

you first, you racist c*ntrag.
        Oh my. Apparently Cockney who was complaining about misogynism is a hypocrite.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

That's cool for you. For me, whenever there's anything between Christians and non-Christians, I side with the Christians.

I'm not going to pretend that isn't prejudiced, but I know what side I'm on.
          I'm on the side that's protecting the Christians even if that means being on the side against certain Christians who aren't getting this. Some Christians like to bite the hand that feeds them.

Comment

palestinians getting kicked off their land,
            It's racist to argue that Israel and the Jews have a right to make decisions about their land?

The Palestinians were give their land. Free, Gratis, by the UN in '47. They wanted all of the land, not a compromise. So they went to war with Israel. And lost.

They still do, btw. They want all the land, and the Jews to have none of it.

Comment

i wonder if ben uses the same argument with children abused by the catholic church: yes the priest is molesting you, but what he you don't see is that through his molestation he's protecting you from errr...islam...yes that's it...
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Some Christians like to bite the hand that feeds them.
                Yes, these evil Christians are clearly biting the hand that feeds them.

Bishara ("Gospel") Nassar was a child when his father bought this land in 1916. Even at that time, as World War One transformed the Middle East and the Ottoman Empire limped to an end, Palestinian Christians were beginning to emigrate. After the war of 1948 the Christian exodus from the West Bank quickened, and Bishara, who was a gifted preacher and accordionist, began to travel round the nearby villages, singing songs and leading Bible study in family homes. Music and stories, he thought, might deepen the faith and lift the spirits of Bethlehem's Christian children, encouraging them to stay.

Bishara also came to believe that the Christian community had a special role to play in building a more peaceful future.

"My father always said, 'We will never achieve peace in Palestine and Israel just by shaking hands - we need to work on people, to start with the grassroots'," says Amal Nassar. "So what we do now, as a family, is fulfilling the dream of my father that people can build bridges, for hope, for understanding, reconciliation, dialogue, to achieve peace. This is the idea."

Guided by that vision, she and her brothers have transformed the farm into a centre for peace-building and non-violent resistance called the Tent of Nations.

For more than 20 years they have held workshops here, welcoming Israeli students, rabbis, and peace activists, as well as groups from across Europe and America. They run summer camps for local schools, teaching Palestinian children about non-violence and encouraging them to develop a love for the land by working and playing on the farm. This is especially important, says Amal Nassar, for a generation that has grown up in the refugee camps and urban sprawl behind Israel's separation barrier. She also trains Palestinian women in non-violence, while her mother - Bishara's widow, Milada - cooks traditional food for the day's guests.
                I'm amazed we haven't drone striked these terrorists already..

Comment

It's racist to argue that Israel and the Jews have a right to make decisions about their land?

The Palestinians were give their land. Free, Gratis, by the UN in '47. They wanted all of the land, not a compromise. So they went to war with Israel. And lost.

They still do, btw. They want all the land, and the Jews to have none of it.
                  How were the Palestinians given land? I'm trying to understand this in the framework of the end of colonialism, autonomy, and self-determination. Did the British give the Indians land? Did they give the Kenyans land? Was India ever for the British to give in the first place? I thought the common view to these questions was a resounding no. The British were interlopers who didn't belong in these places and the natives now had the natural autonomy they should always have had.

Why do the Palestinians not deserve the same assumptions held true for every other people in the post-WW2 decolonization?

If a man takes over your house for a while then leaves, he is not giving anything to you. A wrong is being corrected.

I also do not understand this comment and want some edification on it:

I wonder about the logic to call Palestinians squatters. Are the Blacks of South Africa squatters?
                  Compared to the Boer's who were there centuries before. You need to study your South African history.
                  And I wonder how other posts here would sound if on the other foot:

Who gives a **** about the 1947 border? Only stupid people. Any final two state solution must take into account facts on the ground including where people actually live today. Don't like it? Tough ****. The worthless Jews have no one to blame but themselves for refusing to make peace sooner and I feel it is completely just that they pay a price for their refusal to make peace when several valid and perfectly acceptable offers have been made. The longer they want to drag it out, the less and less land they get.

My gives a **** is broken wrt the Jews.
                  More likely there is so much realism and factualilty in this thread. Yes, Jews are their own worst enemies and I, for one, am tired of humoring them. They need to pay a very real price for their intransigency, and then maybe they'll stop being complete and utter *********. Then again, they are worthless Jews so likely they'll continue being worthless *********. That's just what they do.

It's like when your dog keeps ****ting on the carpet. You keep rubbing his nose in it and spanking his butt hoping that will get him to stop ****ting on the carpet. The Jews are worthless dogs and people need to keep rubbing their noses in ****. They never get it, they probably never will, I'm done even trying to reason with them and think their noses belong rubbed in ****.
                  Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 21, 2014, 08:21.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    Yes, these evil Christians are clearly biting the hand that feeds them.

I'm amazed we haven't drone striked these terrorists already..
                    It's clearly his fault the Palestinians fought a war with Israel in 1947 and he deserves to have the land he's lived on for nearly 100 years taken from him. The Israelis have given him so much and he just keeps biting the hand that feeds him. /sarcasm

Comment

• i wonder if ben uses the same argument with children abused by the catholic church: yes the priest is molesting you, but what he you don't see is that through his molestation he's protecting you from errr...islam...yes that's it...
                      Christians today fare far better in Israel than in Syria.

Comment

• People fare better in a peacetime country than in one riven by civil war? Surely not!

Comment

• How were the Palestinians given land?
                          The fact that prior to the mandate they were ruled by the Turks, escapes you?

The first independent Palestinian land came about after 47 when they were given, by the UN, half of the mandate. This *was* the two state solution. Rather than accept what they had been granted, they wanted all of it, declared war on Israel to destroy Israel, and lost.

Actions have consequences. Had they agreed to share Israel, they would still have their land. They wanted all of it and consequently, ended up with nothing.

Syria and Jordan today, still do not recognize the existence of Israel. This is a major problem. Until this changes, Israel has every right to have it's security as the highest priority.

I'm trying to understand this in the framework of the end of colonialism, autonomy, and self-determination. Did the British give the Indians land? Did they give the Kenyans land? Was India ever for the British to give in the first place? I thought the common view to these questions was a resounding no. The British were interlopers who didn't belong in these places and the natives now had the natural autonomy they should always have had.
                          And the Ottomans were native to the region?

Why do the Palestinians not deserve the same assumptions held true for every other people in the post-WW2 decolonization?
                          The fact that they did not own the land and the fact that they were not independent prior to the mandate is a historical fact.

I also do not understand this comment and want so edification on it
                          It really depends on what part of south Africa you are talking about? The Transvaal? Cape town? Each part has different characteristics, Cape Town has more people of English extraction while the Boers are more inland. This is the result of colonization patterns going back centuries.

Many (although not all), many Black south Africans that came to the region in the 20th century, have no historical ties to the area prior. They came from other parts of Africa, and chose to live in South Africa because they could find work and have a better standard of living than where they were previously.

The Dutch have been in South Africa for a long, long, time. Longer, certainly than this ladies claim.

Comment

• I'm amazed we haven't drone striked these terrorists already..
                            How does that counter the argument today that Syria is a ****hole while Israel is actually pretty nice? As a Christian I know which side my bread is buttered on. Yes, Syria could be very well off, but it's a ****hole.

People fare better in a peacetime country than in one riven by civil war? Surely not!
                            Hence my argument that the Palestinian Christians need to actively assist Bibi.

Good government needs to be well supported.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Syria and Jordan today, still do not recognize the existence of Israel. This is a major problem. Until this changes, Israel has every right to have it's security as the highest priority.
                              Please don't tell lies, Jordan is one of Israels closest allies in the region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%...rdan_relations

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                How does that counter the argument today that Syria is a ****hole while Israel is actually pretty nice? As a Christian I know which side my bread is buttered on. Yes, Syria could be very well off, but it's a ****hole.
                                Which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. In a democracy it's not ok to persecute a specific groups just because they have it even worse in other countries.

Hence my argument that the Palestinian Christians need to actively assist Bibi.

Good government needs to be well supported.
                                Assist by handing over their possessions and leaving? They do more to assist a peaceful Israel than most people you ****ing idiot.

Then again why should I be surprised that a man who thinks Jesus was a fan of the military is wrong for the millionth time this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X