Falkland Islanders to hold referendum over sovereignty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the question will be "who are the three sods who voted no?"

92% turnout, over 99% vote to remain a British Overseas Territory, with only three recorded "no" votes.

Ok, Argie bootlickers, spin and troll time.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• That would have been someone like me, just for giggles...
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I would have voted argie for the hell of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          That would have been someone like me, just for giggles...
          Back in the '88 Dem primary for President, I lived in a very Republican area - like 90+%, so for fun, I voted for Jesse Jackson. There were about ten Dem votes in my precinct, and only one for ol' Jesse. I'm sure a few people in the area were wondering who the closet commie was in their neighborhood.

The funny thing is, the "no" votes were more likely than not joke votes. Poor Argies can't get no lovin' on the Falklands, except from the sheep.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if my present neighbourhood had 99+ for Lloyd Doggett. *sigh*
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Doggett.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                Back in the '88 Dem primary for President, I lived in a very Republican area - like 90+%, so for fun, I voted for Jesse Jackson. There were about ten Dem votes in my precinct, and only one for ol' Jesse. I'm sure a few people in the area were wondering who the closet commie was in their neighborhood.

The funny thing is, the "no" votes were more likely than not joke votes. Poor Argies can't get no lovin' on the Falklands, except from the sheep.
                I wasn't 18 until 1994 so I didn't even get to vote in the 1992 election but if I could I probably would have voted for Perot as a protest vote.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Damn kids making me feel old.

Comment

• the 3 who voted against might not have been voting for Argentina, maybe independence or a banana option. It also correlates neatly with the proportion of the population who would have no frigging idea why they were voting or for what.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• 3 Bens?
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I have scrutinised votes, what the crazy do with ballots is sometimes pretty amusing

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                          Now the question will be "who are the three sods who voted no?"

92% turnout, over 99% vote to remain a British Overseas Territory, with only three recorded "no" votes.

Ok, Argie bootlickers, spin and troll time.
                          The Brits have managed higher turnout and higher yes vote than Saddam . Impressive.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• But not as high as Ferdinant Marcos' last election.

Comment

• They might be the 3 Argentines who actually live on the island? There is bound to be a few of them.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                                the 3 who voted against might not have been voting for Argentina, maybe independence or a banana option. It also correlates neatly with the proportion of the population who would have no frigging idea why they were voting or for what.
                                Funnily enough there's apparently at least 7 Argentinians resident there and able to vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X