Falkland Islanders to hold referendum over sovereignty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    You retarded old hypocrite. You live in a country that in 1493 was populated by indigenous peoples exterminated by the thieving imperialist Englishmen whose *******s you reflexively rim.
    Funny that, because the English, while they were here, didn't manage to exterminate a whole lot of Indians. That was a uniquely American venture, driven by all sorts of white immigrants, from all sorts of places, including whatever mutt lands your ancestors spawned from.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• If Pope Sixtus said it belongs to....what am I saying....
      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 15, 2013, 19:31.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        It still wouldn't be that hard to kick the British out if the Argies could only get their **** together, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
        Funny I seem to remember them trying that already.

Comment

• I'm a bit of a late comer to the conversation (and admittedly didn't read all 17 pages of the thread), so forgive me if this has already been said. I lived in Argentina for a while, and I don't remember anyone even mentioning the natural resources of the islands when they would complain about them. It seemed like it was just something the gov't gave the people to get them riled up and keep the mob minds off of the crap job those in charge are doing of running the country. When things get really bad in Argentina, the Falklands are a big problem all of a sudden. When things are going well, you don't hear much about them.
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• The oil and gas certainly wasn't the issue in 1493, 1690, or 1833. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to identify it as a contributing factor in 1982.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Naw, 1982 was just a floundering military dictatorship desperately attempting to distract the people from what a crap job they were doing not mention upset about their whole dirty war thing.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                If Pope Sixtus said it belongs to....what an I saying
                Spaniard.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Who cares what a Pope says about who owns what land? Like Stalin said "How many tank divisions does the Pope have?"
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Let's just hope nobody invents a tank powered by raping little boys.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Falkland what?

Comment

• Don't cry for me Argentina.

Comment

• Serb
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            Let's just hope nobody invents a tank powered by raping little boys.
                            QotY
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                              The oil and gas certainly wasn't the issue in 1493, 1690, or 1833. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to identify it as a contributing factor in 1982.
                              It's the only factor that has any rational sense behind it, but that doesn't mean it's the factor actually used to decide to invade or defend. Still, even if the Argies ever stop acting like toddlers throwing a tantrum after tossing their rattles our of the crib, I'm sure the UK government might think a bit about that aspect before any negotiations.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                                It's the only factor that has any rational sense behind it, but that doesn't mean it's the factor actually used to decide to invade or defend. Still, even if the Argies ever stop acting like toddlers throwing a tantrum after tossing their rattles our of the crib, I'm sure the UK government might think a bit about that aspect before any negotiations.
                                If you had talked to any Argentinians, you'd know that rational sense is completely irrelevant and doesn't have anything to do with it. Argentina is headed for another default/currency collapse, and the government wants people to pay attention to something else. My guess is that they know they won't get the Falklands back probably don't want them back. If they got them back, they'd have to find another way to distract the masses.
                                "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Working...
                                X