The Espionage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Espionage Thread

Unlike Cloak and Dagger, this thread will be devoted to the allocation of Espionage Points (EPs) on the Ctrl-E screen. Here is our current situation:

We have 44 EPs with the Templars at the moment (need 43 to see Demographics), and 0 with the other two civs, Imperio and PAL. We need 31 EP to see Imperio Demographics and 30 EP to see PAL, at the moment.

Based on this info, I would suggest allocating 1 EP to the Templars, 2 EPs to Imperio, and 1 EP to PAL right now. Or maybe we should go 3/1 with Imperio/Templars, to get info on them as soon as possible (?) At the least, we should maintain Demographics info on the Templars, which mostly_harmless is doing a fantastic job of tracking in the Cloak and Dagger thread.

I'd go with 3/1 Imperio/Templar split, to get info on Imperio as quickly as possible. If it turns out PAL are closer to us, we can switch our focus to them.

Comment

I agree with Zeviz. I am pretty sure PAL are on the other landmass and we should focus on our immediate neighbours. So 3/1 Imperio/Templars is fine.

mh

Comment

Agree w/ 3/1

Comment

Sorry guys I forgot to switch this last turn. I have done it this turn tbough. We still need 43 EPs to see templars' demographics and have 48. Now we are assigning 3 to Imperio and 1 to Templars.

Comment

Maybe we should put everything on Imperio until we are in danger of losing Templar graphs.

Comment

What Zeviz said.

EDIT: I took the liberty to adjust it. As I am logging in at least once per turn, I will keep a close watch on the Espionage points, not to loose the demographics of Templars.

mh
              Last edited by mostly-harmless; July 8, 2008, 03:21.

Comment

As Imperio seems to suffer from lack of organization, I suggest to spend half of our points on PAL which will be a more serious opponent in the long term.
                We are still ok with the demo screen limit for Templars.

mh

Comment

I agree that we should start focusing more on PAL - but let's keep the focus on Imperio until we can see their Demographics too. Based on the impressive Cloak and Dagger work with Templars, we can probably work out exactly what Imperio is building and researching. And that would be a huge advantage!

Comment

I'd stick with Imperio until we can see their Demographics and then switch to PAL. This way we can get the largest possible amount of information on our immediate neighbors before we start worrying about long-term opponents.

I agree that PAL present a greater long term threat, but the actions of Imperio and Templars are more important for forming our immediate strategy.

EDIT: Or exactly what Sulla said while I had the reply window open.

Comment

I agree with Sullla. There are 5 turns until we can see Imperio's demographics and after that we can switch the majority of espionage points to PAL.

Comment

I diverted 1ept towards Templars again to keep their demographics unlocked.
                        The remaining 3ept towards Imperio should unlock their demographics in 3-4turns.

mh

Comment

Next turn (39) we will learn about Imperios demographics.

mh

Comment

Espionage points have been diverted to PAL.

mh

Comment

Just to confirm, that the assignment of espionage points is still closely watched over.
                              I am trying to make sure to always see Imperios & Templars demographics and spending any excess points towards PAL.
                              At the current speed, it is probably another 20-25 turns (~T65-T70) till we see their demographics.

mh

Comment

Working...
                              X