No announcement yet.

PLACE YOUR BETS! Brian left because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i read on cnet gamecenter today and on the news, they got an interview with brian. He doesn't say much about why he left but he does say something happened between meier and briggs.....

Comment

A creator experienced enough will ALWAYS seek to control 100% of his babies. It's a question of share, and the time always come for a repute creator to make his own...

------------------
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

quote:

But I will probably will move into some new genres, probably something other than what I have been typecast for

Hmmm, this is what I thought. I told YYYH over ICQ yesterday that BR might wish to do FPSs or RPGs, and he laughed, but maybe I'm right?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Back to the topic at hand...

He left because, he thought he was more important to the project than he really was. From just the few posts from Tim Train, I'm already convinced that CIV3 will be better because he left.
          Remember the NBA playoffs last year. Knicks lose their star player, but end up being better without him. Everybody else stepped up to prove that they were a team, not an individual star.
          Everybody on the CIV3 team is going to give us their best work, to prove that Brian was not the only employee at Firaxis. Think about it. How would you feel if you were on the CIV3 team (which includes every key player since CIV1), if all you heard and saw all day was Brian this and Brian that, when you came to work for the last 9 years busting your butt to make these games, and getting squat for credit? Personally, if I were on the team, I'd be glad he was gone, so I could finally get the credit I deserve for making the best games in history.
          [This message has been edited by zaz (edited February 12, 2000).]

Comment

Listen. If the team is in anybody's shadow, it's Sid's. Do you think the box is going to read "Tim Train's Civilization"? If anything, Brian has been very under-hyped. For God sakes, the man almost single-handedly made Civ2 (ooops, I mean's "Sid Meier's Civ2").
            [This message has been edited by yin26 (edited February 12, 2000).]
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

You're right about the Sid part, and I'm sure that played a part in his leaving. I think the name of the game should be "Civilization 3". No one should have there name in the title, but I know that won't happen (Marketing would never allow it). As for single-handedly doing Civ2, it was interesting to read the interview with him (http://pc.ign.com/news/15111.html), especially all of times he mentions co-designers etc. Every single person he mentioned as being important or integral to the project (Civ2) is still onboard to make Civ3. They will do fine without him.
              Personally I'd be more concerned with what he puts out next.

Comment

he did explain it in the interview didn't he? (sigh)

Comment

He left to work on CTP II!
                  "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Just wanting to say something here...... I saw a few advertisements for SMAC nearly 2 years before it came out(1 year 10 months to be exact), which is the estimated time between now and when Civ3 will be released. So I say advertise already! Any screenshots etc. you got show 'em to the world!
                    "When you tell people where to go, but not where to get there, you'll be amazed at the results."
                    - General George S. Patton

Comment

Personally I think the marketting for AC made people to anxious and guranteed theyd be dissapointed. I want to be suprised.
                      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Don't mind me--I'm just BUMPing everything into veiw...
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                        X