throne and patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throne and patriots

I hope that throne and patriots is not going to be delayed again!

i dont think it has been delayed ever dont think there is even release date yet
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Go to the main site and read about it. It was supposed to be released on april the 2nd.

Comment

says it will be released on april 28th
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I'm really hoping this won't be one of these Constant-Delayed-Then-Once-It-Arrives-Its-A-Big-Disappointment

Such as MOO3.
          Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Better late and good than early but in dire need of patching.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

MOO3 had that promise, Locutus. It kept delaying, saying "fix bugs in game" over and over.

Then when we actually got the game, it was a HUGE let down. There were still considerable bugs and screw-ups in the game.

So I'm kind of skeptical when games keep being delayed. I guess MOO3 taught me a hard lesson.
              Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Not just the lengthened time but the price increase too.

Comment

where u getting your info d=me?

Comment

I don't even want to consider how much worse it would have been had they released it even earlier...

Comment

Actually, the earlier versions of MOO3 had MORE features, believe it or not.

It had some cool features that were taken out of the game upon release.

I wouldn't mind the bugs as long as the features were included. Bugs would be fixed with patches, while patches have a hard time eliminating features in games.

In fact, I don't remember any game expansion or game patches that took away the original features or options in the "vanilla" version of the games.

Comment

The designers had good reasons for removing those features, I'm sure. If you want to know what happens if you add features that aren't ready for release, play CtP1 (space layer in particular breaks the late game; not a coincidence it was removed after all for CtP2).

And MoO3 was an exception in this respect. The fact they were adding/removing features so late in the development cycle is a bad sign anyway. Most games are feature-locked much earlier, and focus on balance issues and debugging in the final phases, in which case postponed release dates can only benefit the result.

Comment

I have CTP 1 and I think I know what you mean.

I usually build 30 - 50 nukes, launch them into space, then drop them right next to enemy cities, so no "interceptions"

Then if the city has SDI, oh well. If not, Game Over for the enemy.

In addition I can pretty much explore the full map, and reveal every existing enemy city within 3 or 4 turns with several pods, depending on map size.

However, I don't have CTP 2. Is it worth getting?

Comment

You are asking Locutos if CTP2 is worth getting?

I wonder what he will say.....

BTW according to BluesNews RON T+P has gone gold and will ship on April 27

Comment

Since asking Locutus that is dangerous, here's another shameless plug to an impartial piece of advice .

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X