No announcement yet.

Opinion of RoN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer thinking games. There are a few starcraft maps that do this somewhat well, mostly the civil war maps, which basically consists of using ghosts without special abilities as infantry, vultures without mines as cavalry, and siege tanks as artillery, and making them take an extremely long time to kill each other. This deemphasizes micro and puts more emphasis on thinking about where to place units for the maximum punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzeh
      I prefer thinking games. There are a few starcraft maps that do this somewhat well, mostly the civil war maps, which basically consists of using ghosts without special abilities as infantry, vultures without mines as cavalry, and siege tanks as artillery, and making them take an extremely long time to kill each other. This deemphasizes micro and puts more emphasis on thinking about where to place units for the maximum punch.
      what

Those Civil War maps are pretty mindless compared to the real game, at least as far as I've seen. Unit Placement is only a one aspect of micro (which itself is only part of the game) in the real game, but in Civil War maps it's practically the entire game.

Comment

Working...
      X