Did None of the Beta Testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did None of the Beta Testers

ever encounter one of those accursed Direct X Surface Unavailable errors?

I will agree that the Beta testers aren't responsible for the cruddy interface and the screwed up AI (I won't agree they weren't responsible for 150 Transports or not noticing the PD bug). But, did any of them ever encounter the Direct X errors?

How could they have tested this ... thing without encountering one of those errors?

What did they do when they were testing this piece of crap? Was their charge to make it past 100 turns?

Hell the slightest little hiccup in the OS will cause a Direct X error when you get past 400 turns.

I'm about sick of this game and I'm certainly sick of the incompenents at QS.

And still no GD patch!!!
    A dictatorship wouldn't be so bad. As long as I'm the dictator. G. W. Bush

/me yawns

QS knew about the problem with DirectX, they just couldn't fix it in time for launch, something about being way over budget and a couple years late.

Comment

Re: Did None of the Beta Testers

Originally posted by PaulNAdhe
      ever encounter one of those accursed Direct X Surface Unavailable errors?

I will agree that the Beta testers aren't responsible for the cruddy interface and the screwed up AI (I won't agree they weren't responsible for 150 Transports or not noticing the PD bug). But, did any of them ever encounter the Direct X errors?

How could they have tested this ... thing without encountering one of those errors?

What did they do when they were testing this piece of crap? Was their charge to make it past 100 turns?

Hell the slightest little hiccup in the OS will cause a Direct X error when you get past 400 turns.

I'm about sick of this game and I'm certainly sick of the incompenents at QS.

And still no GD patch!!!
      I have the direct X error also than I found lowering your graphic setting in the opion help. I lower mine from hight to medium setting.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I have heard that they had a big problem with the Betas. Someone already said it. The Betas just give their input. It is up to the developer to make changes. The betas HAD TO notice these things. Its QS who didnt do a thing about it.

About the PD bug, I can see 20 hyped up beta tester not noticing that their PD weapons fire. I mean, they were most likely winnig al the time anyway, with or without PD weapons.

Comment

I'd be willing to believe that the testers were giving their honest input and being ignored except that they are all conspicous by their absence. Hard to believe none of them frequent forums.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

It about time we stop blamely the betra tester, they did they job.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

We are only guessing that in the absence of any comments from the testers themselves.
              With what we know (or can guess) so far I would tend to agree with you but the silence IS deafening.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

That sounds pretty tedious. Hmm... maybe I have to seriously concider dropping the idea of MoO3.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                  That sounds pretty tedious. Hmm... maybe I have to seriously concider dropping the idea of MoO3.

Comment

There some MOO2 player who want MOO2.5 not MOO3.
                    I play MOO1 and MOO2. MOO3 is alot closer to MOO1 in many point. In MOO1 you where able to change the % in each research field out of than total of 100 %. In MOO2 you
                    where allow to research 1 field at than time only. It a great
                    game I like it.

Comment

I've only had Direct X surface unavailable errors when I've had to alt-tab to another app or the windows desktop for whatever reason. During normal play, I've never had one occur that wasn't a result of my own interaction with the OS.

MoO3 has some annoying flaws, but there is such a dearth of TBS games at all, and it IS MoO, so I still find it fun, despite it's idiosyncrasies. I avoid a lot of the annoyances by total micromanagement, but that's how I've played all TBS games. I find MoO3 less buggy and annoying than SMAC, for example, which has been shelfware for a long time.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                        MoO3 has some annoying flaws, but there is such a dearth of TBS games at all, and it IS MoO
                        And Batman Forever was Batman,
                        and Attack of the Clones was Star Wars,
                        and CTP2 was Call to Power (okay, bad example ...)

MoO3 in its present form sucks. I'll wait and see if the real patch fixes anything (if it ever comes out), but I'm not holding my breath.

And before CharlesBHoff starts in again, I think MoO3 as is could have been a good game if the damn thing worked!

As it is, its broken. After on so called patch its still broken. Will another patch fix it? I'm not holding out any great hope.
                        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

The data patch, by it's nature, is really minimal. There's not much that can be done without a code fix.

Actually, a lot of things really need to be redesigned, but my point is you've got what you've got, you can either accept it for what it is, or go dig out that MoO or MoO II CD.

It's like the Star Trek spin-off series and the movies - you can either take what you get, watch "The Trouble with Tribbles" for the billionth time, or just give up.

GalCiv looks real interesting, and I'll pick it up within the next week or two, but there's just not a lot out there I'm finding much interest in.

If there was a wealth of TBS games out there, then MoO3 would likely sink pretty fast.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

After reading CBH's and MtG's posts, I'm getting abit interested. However right now I'll just wait for RoN and see later on if MoO3 would be a good buy.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

And Batman Forever was Batman,
                              and Attack of the Clones was Star Wars,
                              and CTP2 was Call to Power (okay, bad example ...)

MoO3 in its present form sucks. I'll wait and see if the real patch fixes anything (if it ever comes out), but I'm not holding my breath.

And before CharlesBHoff starts in again, I think MoO3 as is could have been a good game if the damn thing worked!

As it is, its broken. After on so called patch its still broken. Will another patch fix it? I'm not holding out any great hope.
                              I than no fanboy there is than limit to what than data patch can do without than code patch and some of the fixes in the data patch need the code patch to take effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X