No announcement yet.

Patch it soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they'd patch this thing or at least give us some indication of how long this is going to take. Another day or two, a week, a month, 1st quarter 2010, when? Just release the stuff fixed so far. I'm getting tired of checking at least once a day for the patch or some news about the realease of the patch.

Comment

I use a news site like Avault to alert me to patch for my games as there are too many to go to the individual game sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical_Manuvr
        I wish they'd patch this thing or at least give us some indication of how long this is going to take. Another day or two, a week, a month, 1st quarter 2010, when? Just release the stuff fixed so far. I'm getting tired of checking at least once a day for the patch or some news about the realease of the patch.
        You took the words right out of my mouth. Like I said before, we're all Beta Testers for this "release", so just give us a new build already. It's really trying my patience severely to fire up galciv, and have a good chance of finding some little tweak or update almost every other day, while you go to the MOO3 board, and it's still that stupid freagin' alien saying "Gone Gold". It's increadible really. The site hasn't updated once since the train-wreck release. This despite the awful reviews, and after we were told the game was delayed yet again to provide the most bug free experience. Just horrible. I hate that alien so much right now. I'm figuring on waiting until the 15th, and if there's no patch and the site isn't even updated, I'm just gonna take infogrames up on the exchange offer. I'm sick of beating my head against the wall, and am tired of bieng treated like dirt and having to look at that retarded alien in the gold chains everyday. Sure there's a really good game buried in that interface somewhere, but I'm starting to just not care about it as the taste in my mouth gets worse and worse. Sigh. But GalCiv is alot fun.

Comment

From IG forums by QS programmers

Install Validator and patch status
          Due to a fair number of people reporting severe stability problems that we cannot recreate, including a number that have fixed them by reinstalling or identifying short mob files, we have developed a install validation utility which is now available at moo3.quicksilver.com/downloads/Moo3InstallCheck.zip.

This program will also handle the "data patch", which is being sent to Beta testers this evening and expected to be released to the public the middle of next week.

All code patches have to go through Infogrames QA, so we are bundling changes together. There are still some military AI issues and diplomacy issues we need to address before we are ready to release it to QA. The UI changes being made are not impacting this work, since it is different programmers. We will send the code patch to QA no later than the end of the current month (April).

Comment

The game is pourly done and a patch can not fix it. They should refund everyones money. I am disapointed with the game. It will some be a bargan $.99 game in all the stores.

Comment

Patch

I think a patch will help a lot.

It won't fix the fact that the first 200 turns are pretty dull.

After turn 200 though I find the game quite fun.

I'm currently playing RAAS and am fighting two different types if Ithkul on my northern and southern boarder, and just finished up a major campaign through Silicoid space to my east (coreward).

Of course, since the computer just lays there, I don't have to worry about counter attacks, so it gets dull. But, if the computer would attack, the game would be much better.

I've attacked some really heavily defended worlds, with a lot of orbitals and system defense ships. Of course, I've never built an orbital since there IS NO REASON TOO.

That a patch will fix.

Also, they need some more victory conditions. The Orion senate one is a pure joke, since the game can end with you never even meeting the winner.

Killing everyone could take centuries.

Finding all 5Xs is ok, but its more like a timer than a real challenge.

GB

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                If they can do that, Firaxis can too!
                Why would Firaxis patch a Quicksilver game?

Comment

Galciv....fun right out of the box.

Moo3....disaster that hasn't been patched yet despite being in stores since february 25th. Guys stop being frustrated and send a message to these bozos. Don't buy anything from Infogrames anymore.
                  signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                    Galciv....fun right out of the box.

Moo3....disaster that hasn't been patched yet despite being in stores since february 25th. Guys stop being frustrated and send a message to these bozos. Don't buy anything from Infogrames anymore.
                    So should I get GalCiv or not? It is distributed in NA by Infogrames.

Comment

Re: Patch

Originally posted by Ghostbear
                      I'm currently playing RAAS and am fighting two different types if Ithkul on my northern and southern boarder, and just finished up a major campaign through Silicoid space to my east (coreward).
                      GB
                      I like using the method from the old RPG Traveller in the 1970's for galactic directions. Instead of N, E, S, W you have coreward, spinward, leading, and trailing. For depth you would also have upward and downward. Of course, this would work best for spiral galaxies and other rotating disc types.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

So should I get GalCiv or not? It is distributed in NA by Infogrames.
                        Nope, by Strategy First (which did Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, etc.)
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Nope, by Strategy First (which did Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, etc.)

Nope, Strategy First is the publisher, Infogrames is the distributer, like I said.

MoO3 was shipped with a advert for GC. And Infogrames was the reason the release was pushed back to march to avoid the conflict (supposedly, we know how that turned out) with MoO3.

google search

Comment

Working...
                          X