Stop Doing That!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Doing That!!

Has anyone had this happen? I update my colony ship or outpost with the latest engine, play a few turns, save, come back, and those ships have reverted back to the previous engine?!?!?
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

How about you try not making new ships the same name as the default configurations? I assume that's what you're doing, and I see how that could cause problems.

I typically make Colony Pods, etc for my names.

Comment

Depending on the timing of event, you could have a normal occurence. The saves are not a save for what you have at that point in time. It will be the data that was in the autosave, IOW the start of the turn. So making an update and finsihing the turn and then loading from the save will just put you back where you were before that save. It really sucks that my save is really only good for preventing a wrapping of the 5 autosave. It makes it hard to find a stopping place for a break.

Comment

I don't understand what was just said....

If I update the ship on turn 80 and save on turn 84, why does it revert back to the original? Do I have to rename it? Is there a bug where anything named "Colony Ship" automatically has retro engines?
        One OS to rule them all,
        One OS to find them,
        One OS to bring them all

Comment

Originally posted by justjake73

If I update the ship on turn 80 and save on turn 84, why does it revert back to the original? Do I have to rename it? Is there a bug where anything named "Colony Ship" automatically has retro engines?
          I believe what they are saying, is that, fi you give it the same name as the original colony ship, it will still build the original colony ship instead of your updated version.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

No if you save on T80 and reload t80 it will not be at the point you saved it, but rather at the start of that turn.
            so that is not what happened.
            Was the name of the colony the same as an existing one and did you obsolete one? If so double check to see if you mark the wrong one. If not then lok for gremlins.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

No if you save on T80 and reload t80 it will not be at the point you saved it, but rather at the start of that turn.
              so that is not what happened.
              Was the name of the colony the same as an existing one and did you obsolete one? If so double check to see if you marked the wrong one. If not then look for gremlins.

Comment

I change retro engines to fusion on turn 80. I mark the "old" one obsolete but keep the name Colony Ship for simplicity's sake. I save on turn 84, come back some time later, reload, and it's like I never made the change back on turn 80.

And that stinks!
                One OS to rule them all,
                One OS to find them,
                One OS to bring them all

Comment

You´re sure, that you really mark the old one and not the new one?
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I change retro engines to fusion on turn 80. I mark the "old" one obsolete but keep the name Colony Ship for simplicity's sake. I save on turn 84, come back some time later, reload, and it's like I never made the change back on turn 80.

And that stinks!
                    Wow I have not seen that. I do a similar thing with many types. I bring up a ship in current design, make changes and confirm teh new design. I now have two ships listed with the same name. I look at them both and find the old one and mark it obsolte and go on my way. I do not reload until I get up the next day, so I can not say this has not happened, but I suspect I would have noticed, but maybe not.

Comment

Not seen the problem. I always make old designs obsolete before designing anyway. Guess I'm learning to compensate for the AI already.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I had one that was somewhat similar.

Saved and came back and all of my ships orders were lost and they were back in the systems that they started their moves in.

Anyone?
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

If you save at anytime during the turn, all your actions are not save. Only your creation task action is saved. When you load the game, you get only task creation messages. All the messages in the Sitrep is gone. You have to move your ships, send diplomatic messages, queue your units, manage new colonies and in fact, do everything again without the Sitrep messages.

Comment

I realized that early on, so I end a turn and save right at the start of the next.

Then again, what's the point of saving, since Autosave is just the same?
                            One OS to rule them all,
                            One OS to find them,
                            One OS to bring them all

Comment

I believe autosave is better as it saves right at the start of the turn. Your Sitrep messages should still be active.

Comment

Working...
                              X