• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, honestly the race I generally picked was:

(-5) Low G
    (+6) Telepath
    (+6) Subterranean
    (+3) +1 Research

Sometimes with Warlord(+4) and -.5 BC (-4) mixed in, if I expect to build enough for the extra command points and experience to outweigh the lost revenue (easily made up with megawealth leaders anyways)

In any case, the most powerful trait is subterranean not creative in my opinion

And Low G, ground combat, and money are the best places to take penalties....research, food, industry, ship attack/defense, and feudal all hurt too much.

The one trait I never take though is omniscient because it takes the fun out of things not needing to explore. I even refuse to hire galactic lore leaders.

Comment

Omni is something I have had to pick up with mutation if the darloks are still alive, otherwise they show at your door without you seeing them coming.
      Two deadly picks - Feudal and Uncreaive, very tough to overcome. I like Sub, but I tend to get it by slaving.

Comment

Feudal has it's uses. An all out-attack race benefits greatly from it - it's attack from day one. Coupled with omni (to target enemies and strategically place outposts for range) and telepathic it's a very strong trait.

Now cybernetic is the one I can't understand is a plus pick.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
        X