No announcement yet.

distribution of MOO3 "Demo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's also human nature that even the most intelligent group of people will click a flashing, blinking, blue-clored-on-red-background link that says "click here"
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

MarkG, I can't find that link you mentioned. Do I have to change my profile in order to see it?

Comment

what link exactly?

Comment

Are we allowed to post links now? Since they don't consider this an ILLEGAL copy?
          That serves as a guideline for the official forum -- that is, we won't be leaving any links to the game binaries on that forum. What you can and can't post on this forum is up to the forum terms of use and the moderators _here_.

I get the impression it's not allowed here, either, though -- at least unless and until the magazine makes it clear that people can re-distribute the game because they got it on the CD. I doubt that's going to happen, but maybe that's just me.
          Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

well, until someone can get us a PCPP official to say that re-distributing on the net what they sell you on their cd is ok, this site considers distributing the "demo" on the net as illegal and any threads/posts of people trying to exactly that will be edited/deleted.

i hope that is clear enough for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
              Ahh, yes, the "delaying the inevitable" defense.
              Ahh, yes, that's exactly what I meant! Thanks!

It's inevitable that you're going to spend all your money, so please just give it to me now and quit delaying the inevitable.
              Ever heard about heritages?

Should I even bring up the inevitability of dying?
              Well, I see a minor difference between these two subjects, because while you(we) hope you(we) won't die soon, you(we) hope you(we)'ll get the "demo" soon!

The owner of the board need not participate in or enable a practice of questionable legality just because to do otherwise is "delaying the inevitable". Let's think, people.
              Absolutely. And I never criticized his position. Just posted my oppinion.
              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I plan on taking a better look this weekend at the pre-alpha "Demo". So far I'm very impressed (as a pre-alpha). It seems so much better than looking at static "Eye Candy". Before I get Flamed, I know it's buggy, hence the "Pre-Alpha" name.

Later,
                Jackal677
                If you would like to contact me, I can be reached at:
                moo3demo@satx.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  it's also human nature that even the most intelligent group of people will click a flashing, blinking, blue-clored-on-red-background link that says "click here"
                  An idea for the next spate of banner ads perhaps?

I get the impression it's not allowed here, either, though -- at least unless and until the magazine makes it clear that people can re-distribute the game because they got it on the CD. I doubt that's going to happen, but maybe that's just me.
                  The mods here are pretty consistent. They take a fairly lenient attitude towards posting links to "abandonware" sites but any to illegal warez-type sites are removed promptly.
                  With all the publicity thats been generated for the magazine in question they'd be very unlikely to offer it as a free download until their sales for this issue have concluded.
                  If we're lucky (and their contract with IG for the release permits it) they might allow it thereafter...

Comment

MoO3: most controversial game of 2002!

Officially nominated.... right.... ---> Now!

Comment

Working...
                    X