No announcement yet.

MOO3 Gameplay Tuning Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does not make it challenging it takes away the ability to play the game.
    well, taking away the ability to play the game would be quite challenging don't you think

i don't know how exactly or how good IFP worked, but i did like the general idea behind it, that one person cannot do everything he/she wants in one turn, every leader has to decide what he does, and doesn't do, and i think IFP was there for that reason.

IFP would also add another dimension, instead of deciding what to do next, you also had to plan when you did it, ie. make priorities, and not only because you don't have enough resources.

Plus anything that takes away someone's ability to play a game lowers the game far many more levels than how they handle it now
    Try seeing the IFP as a "time"-resource, no resource is infinite, that would kill long-term strategy, and whenever a resource is depleted, you are no longer able to build certain things, in a way, this also takes away your ability to play.

But it doesn't really matter now, since IFP are out...that means i just wastes another 5 minutes of my life ...
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

IFP

I get enough of IFP in Third Reich I do not need it in a simple computer game. You want a challange get 3R 4th Ed or A3R Now that would be a challange. They have not invented an AI that can compete with 3R.

Comment

Alas poor IFP...

... I knew it...

I will miss the IFP concept but I will not miss THE IFP concept.

I believe limited visibility, limited direct involvement is the future of large scale strategy games. But I believe the technology does not exist to make it a reality yet.

I for one am not writing off QS for writing off IFPs. In my personal designs I have run across the same problem they said they found. It is difficult to tie cause and effect together, and you are often left with the feeling of 'WTF, why did that happen?' or 'Why can't I seem to ...'

I think the limitation is in the AI. When you are managing AI's you need to teach them to identify cause and effect so that AI decisions can result in cause and effect observations passed up the line to human players.

If the IFP design yielded AI's capable of doing this, there will always be time for MOOIV or MOOX to take the next step towards grand strategy with limited tactical.

Second Note: Has anybody considered that a very realistic simulation based on [laying the President might not actually be all that fun? I mean, they don't really know the impact of their presidency until 20 years have passed...

Comment

Originally posted by Nadexander
          NO IFPs?!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Why Alan? WHy do you forsake us so????

Seriously, IFPs were the most brilliant and the most central idea to come out of the moo3 design. To me it should be the very last thing they ever removed from the game.

In fact I am so sure of this, I must conclude that they took it out because the publishers (not wanting to take a rick on sales) told them to take it out. Really, this could not be any worse. Take out the espionage. Take out the diplomacy, Even take out the space combat, just leave us the IFPs!

*grumble**grumble**grumble*

You all suck.
          When you realize years from now that you had the oppertunity to make a revolutionary game and instead decided to switch over cheap schlock at the last minute you wil regret this decision. I hope this keeps you up at night.

*crys profusely8

WHY!?!?!?!?
          They axed not only the IFPs, they did axe Alan as well.

Otherwise, I fully agree with your sentiment.

I hope the ghost of every single murdered IFP will come back to haunt them.
          Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Re: Alas poor IFP...

Originally posted by ShuShu

Has anybody considered that a very realistic simulation based on [laying the President might not actually be all that fun? I mean, they don't really know the impact of their presidency until 20 years have passed...
            What do you mean by '[laying the President'?

Laying the President? A Monica Simulation? Slaying the President? A Bin Laden Simulation? Sounds like creative ideas, but I am puzzled.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

Why

Why- Because I want a playable game not some hugh monstrosity that will take me 300 hours to play.That is why I am glad they made it shorter and easier to play.IFP or BRP I have them in Third Reich and they do nicely for that game.

Comment

Playing the President...

... Your game suggestions were far too interesting to make my point effectively...

Comment

By the way...

Those who want an ultra-complex game (OrionIII, before it was dumped down), please take part in my Alternative Civ poll.

Comment

Working...
                  X